Chapter 11

Sarah

     I cried the entire walk home.
     Yes, I could have taken the train, but what if someone had seen me? It was raining outside on the way back, so I just walked in the rain and let the raindrops run down my face as I walked, mixing with the tears and camouflaging my feelings. My arm aches from where he grabbed it. He had been holding it in what felt like a death grip, his hand clamped onto my arm. I gingerly touch the area and wince. There's going to be a bruise there tomorrow. At the same time, I shouldn't have wrenched my arm out of his grasp like that.
     But then that confused me. He grabbed my arm.
     Maybe I'm overthinking it, but one thing I know for a fact is that he never touches people. He doesn't like to be touched either.
     That was what made me suspicious of my neighbor.
     Maybe he wasn't the man I thought he was.
     The image of his green eyes flashing angrily at me haunts me.
     Elliot scared me.
     Not knowing why he scared me like that, or even why I'm feeling this way, I collapse on my bed with tears streaming down my face, not caring anymore about anything.
     Should I continue to live next door to someone whom I know nothing about and could potentially snap at me when I least expect it?
     Exhausted from my tears and done with people, I fall asleep with tears still streaming down my face, but not before I hear the sound of his door opening and closing, signaling his return.