Chapter 25

Sarah

I hear Elliot tell Tyrell that he's not real.
I hear Tyrell tell Elliot that he's going to shoot him.
I feel tears begin to pool in my eyes.
Please, God, somebody, anybody, get us out of here now.
I hear the shouts, the arguments, Elliot's chilling statement that Tyrell isn't going to hurt him.
And then I hear the gunshot.
In that split second, I imagine several different places where Tyrell could have shot him.
     I imagine that maybe he shot Elliot in the shoulder. I hope and pray that he missed Elliot altogether.
     But then I hear the thump of a body against the floor.
     No.
     I refuse to accept it. Elliot can't be dead. Elliot isn't dead.
     I hear Tyrell begin to talk to Elliot's body, but all I feel are the salty rivers flowing from my eyes.
     Elliot, why didn't you listen? I think as I quietly sob. You could still be here with me.
     Tyrell walks over to me and cuts me loose.
     "I might as well let you go," he says, his eyes filled with tears.
     I stand and feel my knees go weak as I begin to walk around the boxes where I was kept when I see him.
     No.
     I still refuse to accept it. I walk over to him, tears still pouring down my face. I can smell the scent of the copper liquid pouring from his wound. I touch his face and feel the warmth that's still there.
     "Elliot, if you can hear me, please," I whisper, my voice trembling. "Don't leave me. Don't leave me here with him. Please, Elliot."
     His breathing is ragged, but I think he's still with me. I take his bloodied hand in mine and squeeze it gently.
     "If you can hear me, squeeze my hand," I whisper to him.
     I feel a faint squeeze.
     He's still with me.
     This whole exchange took about five seconds. I look at Tyrell, who is crying in the corner. "Call 911!" I bark at him.
     "I hurt him," he whispers, his voice hauntingly quiet.
     "I don't care what you did, he needs help! He's going to bleed out and die if you don't help him NOW!" I scream. "You shouldn't have done that, you selfish stupid idiot!"
     "I can tie you back up and gag you if you don't shut up," he snaps.
     "If you don't call for help you'll wish it was you here instead of Elliot," I snap back. "Now call 911."
     When he still doesn't move, I grab his phone from his pocket and begin to dial, but he snatches it out of my hand and makes the call himself. I continue to stay with Elliot until help arrives.
     The man that comes in doesn't look like a medical professional, but he assesses Elliot's wound and then says that he has an ambulance on its way to help us.
     He looks at me and then Tyrell. "Who's the girl?"
     Tyrell doesn't answer, so the man looks at me. "Look, Miss, I don't know why you're here, but I'm going to have to ask you to leave."
     "Absolutely not!" I snap. "I'm not leaving without him, and I'm not leaving him until I know for sure he's safe and he's in a hospital and this psychopath-" I spit the word at Tyrell "-stays away from him."
     He sighs. "Look, kid, you've gotta go."
     I stand up and can feel the dried blood on my hand as I glare at him. "I'll say it again, because apparently you're stupid enough to not understand me. I'm. Not. Leaving. Elliot."
     "You're going to have to leave little lady," he says.
     "First of all, my name is Sarah. Second of all, don't call me little lady. And third of all, I'm not leaving him, so you can just leave me alone."
     "Fine. I'm not going to argue with you anymore. And since we're getting to know each other," he says, extending a gloved hand to me. "Irving's my name."
     When I don't shake his hand, he lets it drop. "Doctors are two minutes out," he states to nobody in particular, but he continues to stare at me. "They'll fix him up okay."
     "Good," I snap. "And until then, I'm not leaving him."

Author's Note: Hi guys! Two chapters tonight because I thought you deserved it after me being so inactive the past couple of days. I would just like to take a second to thank all of you for reading this fanfic! Over 2,000 reads! When I started this fanfic back in November I never thought I would get this many reads, and you have all overwhelmed me! I thank you all for reading this and for taking the time to vote on it. I appreciate you all! :)