Chapter 18

Elliot

"She's cute," I hear him say from the corner.
     Shoot. He's back.
     I block him out the best that I can as I write in my notebook. It's one of the only mechanisms I have of blocking him out. I've tried everything and nothing works. So I write to ignore him.
     "Well? Are you going to talk to me?"
     I roll my eyes and try to ignore him.
     "Hey!" He shouts at me, smacking the back of my chair. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!"
     "Shut up!" I shout, turning around and glaring at him. "I'm trying to get rid of you. I'm trying to shut you up. But you won't GO AWAY!" I scream that last bit, throwing myself at him and pinning him to the ground. "Shut up, shut up, shut UP!"
     "Elliot stop!" I hear his muffled voice say under my arm. "I'm trying to talk to you. You need to listen!"
     I continue to push down on his face as a way to shut him up.
     He pushes back. "Elliot, I'm serious. You need to stop. What if she gets herself in trouble while you're in here? You need to get out of here soon. She could be putting herself in danger."
     I stop pushing at him and realize that he might be right. They could be going after her next.
     I get off of him and stand up, walking to the wall and rake my fingers through my hair. I need to come up with a plan. I need to get out of here. I need to get back to Sarah and keep her safe from them.
    I sit down at my desk and begin writing potential ways to get out of here. But so far I have no good ideas.
Maybe I can talk to someone to help me get out of here?
Who would I talk to? I deserve to be in here.
But everything inside of me is screaming to get out.
I need to keep her off of their radar. I need to protect her.