When This Ship Docks 1

~PROLOGUE~

The secret couple ran off, politely pushing through the mobs of people, all happy and cheerful, and of course pleased to see their loved ones home safe. Back on good old American soil. It was a bright, yet slightly cloudy on New York's harbour. The metal mammoth that had carried 2200 souls across the sea safely stood proud over the passengers as they exited her gangway doors, walked own the ramps and onto dry land once more.

Rose felt Jack's hand in hers, and he held onto her hand with all of his might, running with his girl as they made their way to a safe haven. Rose couldn't believe she was doing this. She was dressed like a peasant, and the frowns and looks of disgust that the high class socialites gave her were promising. Clearly she looked the part. With a bag of belongings, and Jack's book of drawings, they kept on moving forward, breaking away from the masses and the stresses of 1st class conformity.

The wind in her hair, the smell of the City, the touch of Jack's hand. For once in her life, Rose felt free. Suddenly, a shot rang out, and hundreds ducked, not knowing where the shot had come from or where it was aimed. Jack heard the sound and turned around sharply to inspect the scene. Just then, the hand in his hand began to grow weak, losing grip, and before he could do anything, Rose's body slumped to the floor.

~CHAPTER 1~

"You're trembling."

"Don't worry... I'll be alright."

Jack and Rose were breathless, the car in which they sat was hot with the burning passion of their naked bodies pressed together, the windows steamed up and the leather seats clinging to them with sweat. Jack lay down on her bare chest, and Rose stroked his hair lovingly. Together, they panted like dogs. What they had done was scandalous... but it felt so right. Rose didn't feel guilty over the act she had just committed. An engaged woman of wealth should not be having sex with a beggar boy in the back of a stranger's automobile. But it was either in the car, or behind the boxes and barrels in this storage room, and the car seemed FAR more luxurious. It wasn't even planned as such. Things were clearly building up to this, but it wasn't exactly thought out. It just happened.

Rose had lived her entire life up until now like a doll, being told what to do, and why, and when, and how, and where, and who with, and she was sick of it. She wanted for once to just throw caution to the wind and follow her hearts desires, not her mother's commands. Enough was enough. She was with Jack, and Cal wasn't even on her mind. Feeling his breath on her neck as he moved upwards and softly kissed her throat, feeling his talented hands (in more way than one) working their way from her hips to her chest, his heartbeat keeping perfect time with hers, pressed together like two timpani drums in an orchestra, keeping the rhythm going and the music alive. He kissed her, and she kissed him back, tasting his rich flavour, like sweet tobacco. Cal tasted like brandy and bitterness.

Raising his head to see his girl, pressing his lips to hers, he drew back and stared into her shimmering blue eyes adoringly. "How you feelin'?"

She smiled gently and brushed a strand of his hair behind his ear. "I've never been better." And she returned the favour by kissing him back.

"I didn't think you knew how to move like that." He stated cheekily, placing his strong hands on her hips again, taking in every inch of her full hour glass figure on the journey down.

"Caledon certainly doesn't allow me to unleash my wild side. It had to come out eventually."

"Well you would put those French girls to shame! You definitely didn't learn those tricks in finishing school." Jack winked.

Rose opened her eyes in horror and gasped before laughing. She lifted an arm and brought her hand down on the back of Jack's head as he rested on her stomach. "Jack! That's vile! Half of the women who taught me were nuns." She laughed. "They'd be turning in their graves if they could see me now."