16. The Award!!!

Hai all, hope you didn't forget Abhiram and Meenakshi. Extremely sorry for the late update.

Recap: Abhiram secretly helping Meenakshi for Malu's surgery.

2 weeks later:
Malu's surgery was successful. She had to take rest in hospital for a few days and after that she got discharged. Abhiram was an helping hand for both Meenakshi and Dadu throughout these days. It was him who consoled them and made them relieve during the most tensed days of their life. Malu got more attached to her Ram within these days since he was always there to make her laugh and take care of her after the surgery. It was a relief for Meenakshi too since she could join her office without bothering much about Malu.

Abhiram walked out of the kitchen with a cup of tea in his hands. He placed it on table infront of Meenakshi who just came back from office. She smiled at him taking the tea cup.

"Thank you Ram." She said taking a sip of tea from the cup.
"Thank you Meenakshi."he said and she looked at him confused.
"Thank you for what???"she raised her eye brows in doubt.

"For everything. If you can thank me just for a tea, then I have to thank you a million times. For not allowing me to die, for locking me inside the room, for making me stay here, then giving me food, then.."

"Arey.. I understood..I won't thank you anymore...stop this list."she stopped him.
"That's Meenakshi"he smiled.

"But I really want to thank you for something. For being my biggest entertainment. If I didn't see you, my life would have been very boring these days."He added and her eyes twinkled.

"I know you might be wondering now since it's the first time someone praising you instead of cursing you" he laughed.

"Ram, sometimes you are more worse than me."she rolled her eyes.
"But the best worst is you Ms.Meenakshi." Abhiram said making her chuckle.

She silently had the tea and he was observing her tired face.

"So what's there in office?"he asked after a long silence. He just wanted to assure that his company is going fine. One side he have his lazy friend as the new company head who is only interested in eating Burger. No wonder if he would have sold his company to some Burger makers. And another side Meenakshi is working there to add the chaos.

"It's ok.. everyone is good..except that Boss."
She said and his eyes widened.
Firstly he didnt ask her about the people there. Secondly she is talking about his own best friend.

"That bald headed is not talking with me now a days. I think he is scared of me."she said.

"Meenu, how many times should I warn you to not talk about your boss like this? He gave you a job when you were in need of one. Atleast he is not like your previous supervisor. You have to respect him." Abhi said.

"You know what. You are more worse than Dadu coming to advices."she pouted.

"Ok what's your actual problem in office?"he tried to find her exact problem.

"The other staffs also not talking much with me. May be he have warned them."she placed the cup on table with a loud sound.
Abhi covered his both ears. He understood that she is showing her anger on Daksh to the cup.