45. Marriage

Recap: Meenakshi ready to reveal her past - She is surprised to know that Ram is already aware about it - Fixing Marriage.

Meenakshi finally stood up from her seat looking herself into the mirror. She is beautiful and gorgeous in her golden color wedding saree. She had a satisfactory smile on her lips. She didnt wear a lot of ornaments as she dont want to do that. But the golden bangles and simple chains around her neck made her the glowing attraction.

"Ram did you ever notice that I am so beautiful? But today you will for sure."she said making the girls around her laugh.

"Why are you all laughing? I am talking about my would be husband. Not yours."she said with a glare.

"Meenu, are you ready?" Dadu peeped into the room through the door.
"Yes I am"she replied.
"Then what are you waiting for? Come with me. Muhurth is nearing"he held her hand and walked along with her to the mandap.

She saw the mandap empty. Ram's parents are there doing some preparations. But he was nowhere seen. She frowned seeing a pandit performing some prayers.

"What? Dadu, are you getting me married to this old half clothed pandit? I am not interested. Why can't you ask Malu?"she almost shouted. Even the pandit looked at her shockingly.

"Meenu, what should I do for you to shut your mouth atleast on your marriage day?"he glared at her and with that she became silent.

She was about to enter into the mandap when Dadu stopped her.
"Wait. First the groom should enter."he said.
"What's this? Are you making fun of me? If that's the case, why did you literally drag me here in so much hurry?"she turned her face away angrily.
"I can't wait anymore. I want to enter first. Who don't want a change?"she said and Dadu held her hand tightly to stop her from doing something stupid.

The pandit didn't miss this scene. She glared at him when she spotted him staring at her. And then she heard huge noise from one side. She saw Abhiram coming in his wedding sherwani accompanying by Daksh. She smiled seeing him looking at her.

"Why did I fail to notice how handsome my Ram is?"she muttered clearly audible to two person standing next to her. Dadu and the pandit. They both shook their head. Abhiram entered into the mandap followed by Meenakshi. They seated comfortably. His parents stood beside Meenakshi while Dadu, Malu and Daksh stood beside our groom.

She looked at the mangalsutra placed on a plate infront of them. He noticed her.
"What happened?"he bumped his shoulder against her.
"Why always groom tieing the mangalsutra on bride's neck? I want to try something different. Shall I tie it on your neck for a change?"she asked making him widen his eyes.

He looked around to see everyone immersed in the rituals except the Pandit who is staring at them like he is watching a ghost. He smiled at the pandit with a pale face.

"Dont do something that makes me embarrass Meenu. Please. I swear, I will fulfill your wish when we are alone."he assured and she smiled.

"I am so lucky to get you Ram."she whispered in his ears.

Soon the rituals finished and Dadu took the mangalsutra to hand over to him. At the same time Pandit moved closer to Abhi and leaned to his ear.

"Sir, are you sure about this? Why can't you think once more whether to marry this girl? I feel sympathy for you. That's why telling you sir. Even if you decides to be a bachelor, may be it will be better than this."Pandit said making him smile. He was sure that she might have done something that irritated the pandit.