31. Meenakshi In LOVE

I don't care about being normal, getting approval or fitting in with the crowd. I do my own thing and follow my own path. Some people like me, some don't and I am okay with that.

Recap: Abhiram proposing Meenakshi.

After that night Abhiram and Meenakshi again became friends forgetting all the problems that was existing between them. She was so happy that she got her superman friend back. Many nights they spent time together at the river sides, bridge, park, road etc as earlier as they are. He was enjoying all so as she. He didn't ask for anything from her making sure that he is giving the much required time and space for her to think well. On the other side he was the same Ram who used to support all her actions. He was making her assure that in case she don't want to live with him, she won't miss her best friend. That was a big relief for Meenakshi. He didn't say her anything regarding her diary too. She was wondering how much nice a person can be through Ram. A week passed with Meenakshi and Ram sharing the same equation that was between them earlier. And both were happy in each other's company. Love or anything didn't affect their friendship eventhough it's still in their mind. She was thinking well about that while he was giving her time to realize what she wants.

Meenakshi's PoV

Am I mad? That is the question that I heard most in my life. From unlimited number of people. Uncountable times. I always laugh hearing it. Because what others think about me is least concern for me. What I think about myself is the only priority for me. Because I don't want to disappoint when I look back to my life after many years, may be when I am old. That time I want to cherish all memories that I lived as Meenakshi. Yes I lived. I was living my life. That's why I always laugh when people ask me whether I am mad. I am living the life what most girls in this world can only dream. And I am neither guilty nor regretting. Never ever. And of course I don't have any intention to change or live the life that others designing for me. Or may be the world designed for every girl born here. I didn't want to be an ordinary one since I know I am little bit more.

Meenalakshmi had a lot of dreams and thoughts about life. But she was incapable of doing anything. Her wings were cut and she was confined to a single room because people around her were afraid of her. They knew that if she starts flying, it will be their end. 10 years of loneliness couldn't kill the fighter in her. Because she was not alone. Her father and mother were with her as her invisible strength. They gave her the power to fight, courage to survive and above all the belief in herself.

Meenakshi have everything that Meenalakshmi wanted to have. The journey from Meenalakshmi to Meenakshi was not easy. 10 years of patience, courage, self belief, and above all survival. But Meenakshi is happy because she is not caged and free.

Yes Meenakshi; I living the life my past have forbidden from me. I love me. My Dadu and Malu is my world. Both of them knows that we are not family by blood relationship. But we didn't feel that even for once. The truth is our past was not an issue for us and we didn't even talk about it anytime. Till our last breathe we will be like this. I was happily living with them when suddenly a new person entered into my life; Ram.

That night I didn't know why I saved him. When he was walking into the sea, someone from inside insisted me to go and stop him from death. May be the sleeping Meenalakshmi inside me did that. Or may be my parents' soul. When he fighted with me to get rid of me so that he can try to commit suicide once again, I wanted to shout at him and also wanted to slap him for his stupidity. When he argued more and more, I even had the thought of dipping him into the sea until he agrees to live. I felt pity for him for not realizing the value of our precious life that god has given us. The fact that he is not able to fight and find the happiness that inspires him to live eventhough he is a man made me sympathize with him. As a woman what I survived made me angry seeing him giving up so easily. I didn't explain him anything since I knew he needs some time to understand everything. I was sure that I can change him if he agrees to give me a chance. So I brought him to my home using so many tricks. He met Dadu and Malu but was angry at me. When he again wanted to leave, I pushed him inside the room and locked. That was the only way remained for me to stop him from death. I didnt want him to die. Instead I wanted him to live from the first moment when I saw him.