8. It Was A Murder

Thank you for the votes and comments. I will try my best to improve my writing.

__________****************_____________***************___________________

    When I was about to close my eyes after arranging all the stuffs of my mom, my cell rang. Why anyone is jealous of my relaxing session. Yeah relaxing which takes 4 hours sleep, watching Netflix for whole night. I want to change my subconscious.

    I picked up the call and welcomed by the most irritating voice, who stole my first kiss. "Hey, as your friend promised you need to go a date with me." I agree that Manik helped me a lot but didn't he take me to club and kissed me? So I know what to do. " You took me to club and had your wish of being with me. So there will be no date." I was about to hang up "No, it was investigation and you didn't even enjoy, so I am standing outside your apartment building. Wear some warm clothes and come in 15 minutes." I don't have any more strength to argue so I did as he told.

   As soon as I entered the car, I drifted to the dreamland. I heard my name being called and woke up only to see that we are at cliff. "Are you trying to kill me?" I asked referring to the he has brought. He chuckled "No, I am here to show you a beautiful view. Get down and look up." I did as he told. There were hundreds of stars present. I saw ahead where there was nothing but the cool breeze was making my hairs swirl in rhythm. This is the most beautiful view that I have ever seen.

   "Dinner time!" Manik yelled behind me having lots of bags in his hands. I assumed it to be food. I found a mat and spread it over the grass. We had dinner with twenty question game and we saw the stars. When it was time to go, I wanted to thank him for bringing me to the heaven like place which I was not at all aware.

   We were heading to my house but I was practicing in my mind how to thank him. "Why did you not marry Kartik?" this question made my blood boil. "I know he loved Sakshi but he told in that video that he will be meeting her the last time right? You could have given him a chance." He said, now I don't have control over my mouth.

   "You arrogant pig, I knew you had the same blood as that of donkey. If I had married that asshole then he would gradually find something or the other reason to divorce me and he would marry that witch Sakshi. Why I am telling this to douche like you? I can't believe this that I was practicing to thank you for the day, but I should have guessed that you are that donkey's cousin, bull headed, dick headed, gorilla headed, dinosaur headed, lizard headed asshole." I completed my so called curses while breathing heavily. I saw him with open mouth, eyes popped out and still staring at me.

   "Do you want us to go near my mom? Stop staring and look ahead. " He did as I said. When I reached my apartment building I opened the car door and closed it with a slam. When I entered my apartment I question popped in my mind, how did Manik knew my apartment address?

NEXT DAY

  I am basically morning person. I had woke up at six and went to jog. When I returned there stood Harshad with his Indian officer glory. "Good morning" I said with a smile and he replied with the equally cheerful tone. I asked him to take a seat and prepared the coffee for both.

  "The constable was right Nandu, your mom died of heart attack. I have got a copy of it." He handed me the reports and it clearly stated that it was a heart attack. "I think your mom was murdered Nandu." this statement of Harshad shook me to the core. I always cursed god, fate and nature to be reason of my mom's death but now my happy life changed because of a murderer who not only changed my life but it also took my most precious thing in the world.

  I don't know when the salt water drops from my eyes started falling. Harshad was saying some soothing words but all I could think was my mom's face, my mom's words, my mom's dead body. I won't leave the person who did this. I can't imagine him/her taking my mom's life. How could someone be so cruel. My mom was the most kind person I have ever seen. I am not saying this because I am her daughter but she taught in orphanages free of cost. She didn't even think twice before giving clothes or food for poor.

  " Harshad I want you to reopen my mom's case." I said determination in my tone. He nodded and wiped my tears. " You are the reason I got the most wonderful girl, Deepa in my life. You are like a sister to me Nandu. I can't see your tears. I want the Nandu who is bold, courageous, brave. I don't want the Nandu who cries." He said. I smiled and nodded. He took his leave and assured me of reopening my mom's case.

  I won't spare the person who did this to me, my family and mostly my mom. I will make sure he/she gets the better lesson.