33. Culprit

Thanks a lot for the votes and comments. So guys I wanted to ask about the cover of my book. Do you think it's good or does it need something? I would appreciate if anyone of you suggest a cover or you can make cover for my story. If anyone of you interested then you can send me the cover. Please share my story if you like it.

  Extremely sorry for not updating the story.

__________________________________________

  I opened my eyes to the glaring sun. I tried to get up, but I was stopped by a hand on my waist. I turned around only to witness sleeping Manik beside me. First thing I did was to look under the duvet. Thank god I have my clothes. After reading all the romance novels where female lead is found naked, after she is drunk and don't remember a thing of previous night events, I feel a bit scared.

  What is Manik doing in my room. Then I remembered all the previous night events. His one word was enough for me to recognise him. Well he did not use it in my presence, but I had eavesdropped after he gave my passport size packet.

FLASH BACK

   I headed towards the direction of my home to explain a lie that I had caught up with a doubt in a topic where my trainer took a lot of time to make me understand, but I remembered the guy at the lake. What if he again tried to act foolish and committed suicide. I quickly ran towards the direction and saw the same guy was talking to another guy. "What made you take this decision?" the other guy asked to the guy who was suicidal a few minutes back.

  A smile tugged his lips and muttered a word 'Tenshi'. I was confused by the word. "Tell me clearly" the other guy said sternly then the suicidal guy narrated everything and told about the plans. Thank god he is not committing the suicide again. I left from there to face the wrath of my mother who expected that I did not empty my tiffin, but she was so surprised that she started jumping and forgot to ask the typical question 'why the hell are you late?'.

  END FLASHBACK

 I slowly removed his hand from my waist and went to freshen up, when I returned Manik was up and I am ready to fire all the question. "Harshad has found the owner of the land and he thinks it is the same person who owned 'Akinak chemist lab'. He asked me to take you to your home and I have informed fab5 regarding it. Let's go." he didn't wait for my reply.

  I wanted to question him but he made me sit in driving seat and he made himself comfortable on passenger seat. Thank god I have taken shower but Manik sitting in Passenger seat is brushing his teeth, shaving and applying deodorant. I was totally shocked. As if seeing me staring he answered my unasked question "Actually during important meetings with foreign client I make this not appear as if I did not come just finishing my sleep."

  "We are not going to your apartment. We are going to your house, where your family stays." Oh god, if my dad comes to know I have been secretly investigating on my mother's case then I think I have a long lecture to hear from him. "I have asked one of the driver to drop Rishab to your house." Lord today I am definitely dead.

  We reached  my home where all were here even Harshad. Fab5 and Rishab joined us just few minutes later. "Sorry to disturb you all but I have found the culprit who is responsible for Mrs. Murthy's death." There were gasps from my whole family except me. "But we never reopened the case." my grandpa interfered "Yes, but your granddaughter did it. She is the one who investigated the case and now we are here." this time I can feel my whole family glaring at me. Especially my dad who is giving me the look 'you are going to explain yourself'. I did not inform him that I am investigating the case, but I informed him I need to photographs to reopen the case.

  "Who is the culprit Harshad?" god bless you Rishab for giving a break for my family's glaring competition towards me. "It's the most unexpected person, the none other than Savitri. Desai." Shock was shown at all my family member's face. My step-mother tried to explain herself that she did not do anything. Sakshi was crying hysterically and called my dad for help. My dad sat there with tears and shouted on Savitri. My grandpa turned his face and said that she no longer belongs to this house. Manik held me tightly as a support.

  I have definitely got a really bad luck, but I never thought that the women who tried to take my mom's place was not only the one who took my happiness, but also took the most precious thing from me. She killed my mom whom I worshipped like god, whom I considered the best friend, whom I gave the liberty to mend me, whom I wanted to share everything about my life. I wanted to know the reason behind it and I will not leave her if she thinks that she can escape from me after her brutal activities she has done.