38.Trap

Thanks a lot for your votes and comments. Silent readers please do vote. Thanks for adding my story to your reading list. Please vote comment and share.

________________________________________

  People say mother is the first teacher of a child's life. Now me and Sakshi are going to meet her mother secretly. A question was bugging since Savitri was arrested. "Sakshi, where are Kartik and Raghav?" my question made her smile a bit. "They are in Miami for a deal. In fact Manik was supposed to go there, but he wanted to help you, so he requested Kartik." her revelation made my heart skip a beat. Nobody, even my father did not care for me this much. Once I was sick, I took care of myself. My father got an issue from his office so he went to solve it, even after knowing my state. "He loves you Nandini" I was broken from my chain of thoughts by Sakshi.

  "I know." I answered with a small smile. I was proud of Manik. I never thought I would get a soulmate like him. We reached the address. It was a old ware house. The untidy view of it gave us the clue that no one came here for years. "Sakshi, did you not inform Raghav about Savitri?" she sighed hearing me. "No.. Actually I thought I would disturb them. If you did not help me, I would definitely inform them, but when I have a smart sister, then I have to worry?"

  This made me stand like a statue. When she saw I was not accompanying her, she turned towards me  and her eyes widened what she said. Did she call me sister? I know I am her step sister, but never in my wild dreams thought she would accept me as her sibling. "I...I am...uh...I " she stuttered horribly. "It's ok Sakshi, I will try my best to accept this new relation, but first let us meet your mother." I said and dragged her into the ware house with me. I don't want to give her the false hope. What if Savitri really killed my mother? Then definitely I am not gonna support her in court. Sakshi may hate me for this.

   Even the evening light seemed to not reach insides of this warehouse. It gave a negative vibe for me. Sakshi switched on her flash light of her cell. When we went deep inside the ware house searching every corner of it, we got nothing but dust, spider webs, some reptiles, rats etc. "where is she?" Sakshi has lost her patience. She is calling the cell from which she got this address, but to our surprise the cell was switched off. I feel something off about it. We were trying to book ola cab as there is not a single race of human in this area. It gave me creeps and also some fear of our safety.

  When we reached the exit of the ware house I saw a figure lying on the ground. "Sakshi, there is someone." I pointed to the figure and she quickly directed her flash light. Now my fear reached it's highest level. The figure which was laying is none other than Savitri. We ran to her and thank god she is alive. I was about to call the ambulance, but my mouth was covered with a kerchief. My instincts kicked in and I started struggling against the person who is doing it. I tried my hardest to not to breath but when my lungs protested sending pain, I had to inhale the scent which would make me unconscious.

  The last thing I know was seeing the unconscious figures of Sakshi and Savitri.

.......................................................................

   I tried to open my eyes only to be greeted by dark surrounding. Then all of a sudden the light flickered which almost blinded my eyes. I took a look around me. Sakshi was gaining her conscious. We both were tied to the chair. I searched for a sharp thing, so we can escape, but when my eyes landed on Savitri, I was terrified. Savitri was unconscious, her body was sweating and she was finding it difficult to breath. I tried to pry my arms from the rope but all in vain.

 "Welcome to my land dear ladies." a voice greeted us. She entered and took my breath away. It was none other than Kanika. Mathur, Savitri's sister. "Aunty, thank god you came. Please release us. We need to hurry. I don't feel mom is okay." The way Kanika appeared was terrifying. "Ha...Ha...." Kanika started like a maniac. "Why do you think I will save your mother dear niece?" she asked in a mockery tone. "I have arranged this, so I can end this game."

  She turned towards me "I have to say, you are really smart. I thought I have buried all the illegal things with that 'Inakil', but you are.... Well, hands off to you." Now I know what I should do. "Are you the owner of Akinak lab?" she gave a smile which was laced with evilness. "Yes and no, now I am gonna send you to where your mom belongs."

  I closed my eyes to accept my death, but I wanted to know more about her intensions . I think this is the end of me.