29.Nightmare

Thanks for the votes and comments. Sorry for not updating yesterday. I have a complain against my voters. I don't know why some of the voters are removing their votes after voting it. If you didn't like my chapter then please comment on it so I can correct my mistakes. But please don't take back the votes after seeing increase in votes on that chapter.

   I thank @parineetachopra for the 'Fan' reading list ,she created. Please check her profile which has a wonderful 150 collection of Manan stories. Some of the stories are nice, so you all can give it a try.

_____________________________________

  "Noooooo, hell no, no means no!!!" I yelled at Manik sitting in passenger's seat crossing my arms against my chest and looking at the wind shield. "I will count till 10 Nandini, otherwise you will face the consequences." he said irritated by my act. He wants me to stay in his house, ok strike it, in his mansion. I think I zoned out because I felt like I am floating in air, but it was Manik who lifted me in a bridal style. I started screaming, thrashing and asking for help, but all the guards there turned into deaf ears, after hearing my pleas.

  Assholes, just like their master. I was still asking for help when his mother came for my help. "What the hell Manik, you kidnapped your girlfriend?" thank god someone care for my opinion. "No mom I brought your future daughter-in-law to get ready to be my fiancée." This froze me in the spot. "Wow Manik, proud of you" I can't believe this that his mother is supporting him. I know I love Manik, he also announced our engagement date to my family, but I thought that his mother will not give me NOC certificate for our relationship.

  "Whose engagement are you talking about?" I heard a thick voice of a male. Now I knew Mr. Malhotra will definitely object for our betrothment. "Manik's and Nandini's " his face changed from confusion to excited. "Then what are we waiting for? I will cancel all my meetings and appointments. Call fab5 so they will suggest the better decors, costumes, music....." this continued till I plopped on sofa. Someone brought me a juice and I took it gladly.

  I don't know but I was slowly dozing off hearing their conversation. I always doze off hearing the debates in news channel, but I think I have something new now which could act as lullaby.

____++++______++++++-_____+++++_____++++++

  'Nandini...' 'Nandini..' Someone called with some angelic voice. I think I have heard it before. I searched for the source of voice, but all I could see was bright light surrounding me in all direction. I couldn't open my eyes, but suddenly the intensity of light got decreased and I could see a very beautiful place where there is greenery all around me. It was like a garden with different colours, the sky which was mixture of blue and white. I saw the most favourite person.

  "Mom!!" I ran to her and hugged her really tightly. When I pulled away from her she had a smile in her face. She caressed my hair with her fingers. "I missed you mom." I said and hugged her again. Suddenly she started going away from me , I tried to catch her, but my effort proved futile. Suddenly the garden I was in, became dark and then I saw the most horrible thing. My mother was lying in the pool of blood.

 "MOM!!!!" I screamed only to find myself in an unknown room. I was breathing heavily, tears ran through my cheeks freely, I sobbed hysterically. Someone sat beside me  who started rubbing my back. It was blurry around me. I leaned more to the person who was trying to console me.

  "Take this Nandu, you will feel better." I heard an woman's voice. I took the glass of water and drank it in one go. I wiped my tears to see who it was. Mrs. Malhotra sat there with worry on her face. "I..I...a..m  so....sorr...y." I told my feeling sobbing very badly. "No no no, you don't need to be sorry dear. Please be free to share anything with me. I will be you future mother dear, please don't cry." she said wiping my tears which had crossed its boundaries even after trying to stop it.

  "I always wanted a girl child dear, but after Manik, when we approached the doctor, she gave me the most dreadful news to me, that I cannot conceive due to the complications arised in conceiving Manik. I was totally upset but Raj consoled me saying that we will get a daughter, when Manik gets married. Fab5 and we searched for the suitable match for Manik but it was like useless effort. Either the girls were behind his fame or his money or his charm." Now I had calmed down a bit as it was the important information.

  "When I saw you first in our lunch I misjudged you, as one of the gold digger but when I heard you scolding Manik like me I knew you are the perfect match for Manik. Manik has told me everything about your family and problems you are facing. I know it's too soon for your engagement, but believe me you will never regret it, that's my promise." I smiled at her with a nod. How I wanted to tell her that I won't regret marrying Manik in my life.

  I Think I Got A Mother.