37. Escape

Sorry for the delay and thanks a lot for your support friends. It means a lot to me. Thanks for the follow, adding my story to your reading list. Please share my story if you like it.

____________________________________

  I never thought reading will be my enemy. In childhood I was basically a nerd and I loved books like my pizzas. When I saw Abhi bringing all the registers which with the help of his workers I was about to faint. He brought a mini library to his good looking mansion. "What is this Abhi?" I asked shocked with what he brought. "Nandini, these are all the register which hold the record of the people who visited Suryakanti hospital. With very difficulty I found the registers of the year your mother was killed." he said as he plopped on his sofa with sweat beads on his fore head.

 " But Abhi, its only a year then why the hell did you bring this much of registers?" Druv asked my unasked question. "At that time, owner of the hospital kept a single register for a month so that if there is raid in the hospital they should not concentrate on these details and I got the registers of 5 years." Abhi said taking a sip of water from his glass which was fetched by Mukti.

  "Lets start the search then, what are we waiting for?" Sakshi took the initiative to alert everyone. "When was your mother's life quelled?" asked Mukti once she returned from kitchen. "26th march 2011" I answered and everyone started searching the month and date of my matricide.

  Even after searching for continuous two hours we couldn't find any related months of that year. "Lets take some break guys" announced Kabir and made his way to kitchen. Sakshi was still searching, so I excused and thought of drinking water. When I was drinking I heard some cry, so I immediately rushed towards the pile of registers. "Nandini I got the register!!!" screamed Sakshi on top of her lungs. We all rushed towards it and bingo!! we got what we have been searching.

  When we reached the date of matricide, I snatched the register and started searching for the familiar names. What I got, was the most shocking thing. It had the name of Savitri. Did Savitri visit Suryakanti hospital on my mother's death? "How is it possible?" this was Sakshi who whispered and started seeing the register once again. I don't know what happened next, but Sakshi started breathing heavily. Aliya acted to the situation and got water. I think Sakshi was hypervating. I rubbed her back to comfort her.

  Manik and others moved a bit far so she can get some air. When she finally calmed down "Guys I think I should go" I announced and took Sakshi who was at the verge of crying. "But.." I cut Manik with his sentence "I will be ok Manik. I will call you once I reach my apartment." I said and headed towards exit of Mansion.

  I took a cab and Sakshi is with me. "She cannot do that" I looked at Sakshi which confused me. "I know you hate my mother, but she is not the one who kills for her selfishness. " then she started crying hysterically. I hugged her and soothed her. I want to tell her something, but after the bug's incident in my home, I should be safe as the driver can be one of them who killed my mother.

  I paid the cab and entered my apartment accompanied by Sakshi who was sobbing mess. I grabbed her and made her to sit on sofa. "I know your mother did not kill my mother. Crying is not the solution Sakshi, you need to be brave and we need to work hard. Till now all the proofs are against your mother so we need to start working in it. Ok?" I asked to which she bobbed her head like a kid wiping her tears. "I want to take a nap" she said in her hoarse tone. "I will come with you but it may end in me sleeping for two hours." my statement made little chuckle from her mouth.

  When I was about to enter my room Manik called me. "Hello" I said in tired voice. "Are you ok?" he asked in worried tone. "yes, absolutely fine. Why are you asking?" his silence was killing me.

"Manik, Is everything alright?" I asked to which he stuttered "I....I.uh" he became silent. "Manik, I am getting worried. Should I come?" I had taken my path to Sakshi's room "No no no, It's just..." I can hear his sigh "Savitri ran away from precinct" he said in deadly calm voice. "What? I mean how?" I was completely shocked by his revelation.

  "Today there was fight outside the precinct so all the policemen went to resolve it leaving two constables. Harshad was in his lunch break. When the other who went resolve the conflict came inside, they found two of their colleges unconscious and Savitri was missing."  this makes another proof against her. God!! where have you landed my mother's case?!!

  "Nandini, mother called me and she told me to meet me in this address." Sakshi said running to me. I saw the address and was about say it to Manik but Sakshi snatched it and cut the call.

  "Please don't inform him. I know you love him but please be it a secret. I want to meet my mother and clarify everything that is running in my mind. I trust you Nandini, but I need time to trust your friends. Please this one time let's meet my mother alone and after that, I will listen every word of yours." I just nodded to her.