31.Insults

Thanks for the votes and comments. Thank you for those who have added my story to reading list and library. Please share my story if you like it.

  I want to give my salute to IAF for the successful counter attack of Pulwama.

_________________________________

  I was enjoying the party with Manik, introducing me to his colleagues, business associates, far relatives and many other people. Manik excused himself whispering to attend his nature call. I shook my head and started talking with Ruby who entered the hall with her fiancé Shoheb. Then I heard a woman who was yelling at the poor guard which could be heard till hall, even after such noise.

  I went to the location where the woman stood with dozens of make up, dress which looked more like bikini and her heels were making me dizzy. "Oh, see whose here?" she said faking a smile towards me. "How dare you snatch my Manik?" she gripped my fore arm so tightly that it would definitely leave a mark. I looked at her confused, as far as my research Manik didn't even date a single human other than me. I got curious when I realised that I love Manik and started to do research on his personnel life.

  "You are a gold-digger who is after my Manik for his money!! I don't know what he saw in you but you exactly look like a slut who comes in street." By now almost the people in hall were coming to this direction. She was showering me the free of cost insults, but I couldn't retort as I was regretting the things I did in past. "Your place is not here get lost!!! Oh you are wearing the ring, it doesn't belong to you." she yelled at me and started taking the ring which looked perfect on my finger, but a hand stopped it.

  I looked towards the owner of it and guess what? a very angry Manik stood whose eyes were red with rage. He roughly separated her hand from my finger. He was about to go when the woman in front of me hugged him "I missed you Manik." she said to which Manik just pulled away from her "Guards!! Why the hell did you allow this trash to our mansion? Throw this before I throw you from your job." he said with pure rage.

  For the first time I saw the man I loved with so much agony. I was a bit of scared but Ruby appeared beside me for the support and held my hand. "Manik, how could you do this? I am your lov..." she was left hanging as Manik boomed with a mocking laugh "you talking about love Soha, is just like terrorist stopping their activities. I thought I was your best friend, but you called me beggar in front of your friends just because I didn't have money. Remember?" he asked after clearly mocking her and insulting her at the same time.

 "I thought you and your father will help me when I will be in trouble, but you asked me to stay away from you as it was embarrassing for you to stay with a son of the person who had the biggest debt." Now he was almost at the verge of attacking her. I held his arm to stop him but he held my hand even more tightly and pulled me towards him. "You called her so much, but she was the one who was my light at that time. She was the fragrance that lead me to the life of heaven." I was confused. When did I stand for him in difficult times? I doubt he had any difficult times.

  "She is my 'Tenshi' who converted the thrones to roses in my way. She is the one whom I wish to stay whole life." My mind focused on only one word and that is 'Tenshi' I have heard it somewhere. I don't know where but I have heard it. "She is the reason, today I am standing in front of you." this statement made me go to the past. Now I know where I heard that word, is it him? Oh lord! Is it him? Now I observed his eyeballs, it is definitely him. On that day I couldn't see his face correctly, but I could clearly see his eye colour which is same as Manik.

  "If you don't want me to call the cops, then remove yourself from my property, otherwise the little dignity you have now will be lost." he said and took deep breath. After all this drama she still stood there so she could talk "Can't you understand me?!!!" he yelled to which she scurried from the location. We had our dinner in peace. Thank god ma, pa, fab5, my family didn't see any of this drama.

Finally I came to my room and quickly changed into something comfy given by ma. When I came back from washroom, the shock was awaited in front of me as Manik. "Where is my gift?" he said taking predatory steps but I did not move I waited for the right time to reveal the fact. "Are you the one who wanted to take his life ten years ago? " I asked emotionlessly. His face changed mischievous to the shocked one. Now I am damn sure he was the one who I saved from taking his life.

 "You need to sleep." he said to which I wanted to protest but he scooped me in his arms which received a squeak from my mouth. He put me to bed and started caressing my hair which proved difficult for me to ask the questions I had. I opened my mouth only to close it, as Manik sat beside me and started singing a song. For the first time I felt safe. I felt I am with my mother. I felt I am falling to the land of dreams......