Chapter Two

"And after you wash the floors, I need you to do my laundry. Then after that, I request you go out in the fields and pick me some fresh berries, if you will. Then we shall have our nightly sessions as Father promised me." 

I watched the brunet walk back and forth, his arms behind his back and his tanned body hidden beneath expensive silks and linen. An aura of royalty pulsed around him, and I hated him for it. Prince Cayden was just as bad as his pervert of a father, and that much was true. Ok, well,  maybe not. While his Father took what he wanted, at least Prince Cayden had the decency to ask me whenever he wished to take me. That didn't mean he wasn't the typical, snobby rich little boy type. I quickly lowered my gaze when those dark chocolate eyes shifted towards me, a deep frown on Cayden's face as he crossed his arms over his chest in a childish manner. 

"Are you even listening to me, Slave? What use are you if you do not do as told?"
"I will have everything ready by the evening, Your Highness." I responded, my voice too soft for my liking.

I didn't even twitch when I felt calloused fingers slip underneath my chin, lifting my face up to his. "Good," he breathed, his breath blowing against my flesh, "I expect you to be naked and on my bed when I return after dinner. If...If you will allow me."

"Yes, Your Highness." I responded, despite wanting to deck the snobby bastard in his face.
Cayden backed away from me, but not before lightly pressing his lips upon mine. I let him kiss me as I stared behind him, wishing for him to go ahead and leave. When he finally did depart, I could finally stand from where I had been kneeling, my legs weak from staying in that position for so long. I made my way to the kitchens, where I grabbed a large pail and washcloth to clean the Prince's floors. As if it needed cleaning. He was barely ever in there, after all. 

The room was still vacant as I made my way back inside, taking care to move aside a few things before I began scrubbing at the floors. I could have skipped corners, and pretended that I had wiped down the whole floor, but somehow, he always knew if I didn't do something. And I always ended up beaten in the end. So, despite the long hour of wiping down his floor, I made sure I got every inch of it, so I did not end up in the whipping chambers. 

When I was finally finished, I gathered up all of Cayden's clothes and made my way to the washing basin, dropping all of them in it. I grabbed the soap and dropped small pieces into it before I began turning it, the water and soap washing over the expensive clothes and silk. After another half hour, I gathered the clothes and hung them up before I made my way over to the berry gardens, gathering as many of the juicy fruits as my basket could carry. 

As I was making my way back to check on the clothes, I ended up bumping into another slave, nearly making me slip to the dirt, had I not caught my balance. He should have been glad that none of the fruits had dropped, less I would have sold him out. It was cruel of me to believe that, I know, but it was much better than being forced to pay for someone else's mistake. Once I gathered my wits, I glared at the small half-fawn in front of me, making the tiny thing cower back in fear. 

"It is best to watch where you step, else you anger the King and the Prince."

The half-fawn, glanced up at me with honey colored eyes, his small cat-like ears dropping. "I-I apologize, Davian. It shall never happen again." After he spoke, he scurried off, his fluffy tail whipping about him as he ran. 

I watched him go with narrowed eyes, my lips pursing in distaste before I made my way over to where Prince Cayden's clothes were hanging, touching them to see if they were dried yet. When I felt no moisture on them, I placed the basket of berries down before I began taking the clothes down, setting them into the larger wicker basket that sat in the jade colored grass.