Chapter Twenty-Six

The next day was rather hot, the sun streaming into my large bedroom windows, warming the room. I didn't even need to open my eyes to see that Davian's body was flush against my own, his head resting against my chest. I felt a smile form on my lips, and as I opened my eyes, I was graced with the sight of Davian sleeping peacefully, his lips slightly agape as he breathed, his bare chest rising and falling with each breath. He was absolutely gorgeous, a beauty unrivaled by any other being.

I gently lifted my hand and lightly trailed my fingers down his soft cheek, enjoying the way his brows twitched and his little nose wrinkled. He was so adorable, and I loved waking up next to him.

After lying there for a bit, however, I knew we had to get up eventually, seeing as today was the day I was going to be crowned king. I was both nervous and scared about the events of today, though, I knew that I shouldn't have been. I had already been deemed worthy by the other kingdoms, so why was I scared? I knew this was going to happen, so why was I also nervous? I guess it was knowing that I was going to be in charge of an entire body of people, not just myself. Maybe deep down I believed I might mess up and put ourselves in a worse situation than what my father had put us in. Maybe I just wasn't ready yet, to take on such a huge responsibility as this.

I blinked as ruby colored eyes blocked my vision, a smile forming on my face when I saw a sleepy Davian staring at me, his brows furrowed. "Are you alright, Cayden? You had this...look on your face that worried me."

I gave him a small kiss on those plump lips of his and nodded, turning my body towards his. "I'm alright. Just...nervous about today."

Davian gave me a small, reassuring smile, his hand curling around my bicep. "If it makes you feel any better...I am also rather nervous. But...I know that today is going to go by swimmingly. You're a good person, Cayden. And you will be a great king."

His words warmed my heart, and before I knew it, my lips were on his. I kissed him slowly, but passionately as our tongues tangled together in a heated dance. I relished the little moans that escaped Davian, his breath heavy when I broke the kiss and began nibbling at the pale expanse of his neck. To be honest, I was getting quite aroused while kissing his neck, but I knew we had to get prepared for the ceremony, so I unwillingly pulled away from Davian's soft, pale flesh, enjoying the look of pure bliss on the other man's face.

When he opened his eyes and looked at me, I could see the confusion and want floating within those ruby orbs, a frown forming on his lips. "Why did you stop?" He wondered aloud, still breathless.

I chuckled and kissed him again, pressing my body against his and feeling his arousal against my leg. I then pulled away and sat up, turning back to glance at his disheveled form. "We have to get ready for the ceremony. Don't you remember, Love?"

Davian sighed and plopped his upper half back against his pillow, a pout forming on those plump, reddened lips. "Must we get ready now?"

I nodded and stood up, not missing the way Davian's ruby eyes darted down my naked form. "Yes, dear Love, we do. I don't want to be late to my own crowning. Although..." I gave him a sly grin and crawled back on the bed, holding myself over the dark haired half-dragon. "We do have time for a bath."

Davian blushed and nibbled at his bottom lip, a small smile forming on his face. "Well...um...you are irresistible, Cayden. Will you take a bath with me?"

I raised my brows. "Quite bold of you to ask, my Love." I smiled asked gently kissed him, giving him a wink. "I would love to bathe with you."

Davian smiled shyly and climbed out of bed, my eyes drooping down to his voluptuous behind as he began walking to the bathing room, his long hair dangling just above his bottom, looking as silky as always. I locked my lips and proceeded to follow him, placing my hands on his nude hips before I turned him around and gently pressed him against the wall, placing my lips over his.

~~~~~~

One round then turned into two, then three, and when we were finally finished, I was sure that we were going to be late for the ceremony. But you know what? I didn't really mind at all. I was spending time with the love of my life and I was truly content with being late, as long as I was with him.

We did take a bath though, but it was quite rushed since we still had to get dressed and make our way to the throne room, where I was to be crowned king. And once I was crowned king, I was going to free the slaves and half-breeds once and for all.