5 - BLOOD

⚜️This chapter was based on this song, so its recommended to play while reading but you totally do not have to! It is up to you :) Enjoy the chapter! -Blanktyper ⚜️

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Psyching myself up, I slowly walked towards the staff only door, the one that will lead me towards the lounge... towards him...

Come on Sarah! Get over yourself and focus on your job! You've been through worse, so this will not bother me at all!

Keeping this in mind, I walked into the back lounge and headed straight towards the bar counter, keeping my head down. Okay good so now all I have to do is make drinks for these people and then it's over... that isn't too hard... Looking up, I see guys in suits scattered all over the room, but no one is sat around the bar. Most of them are either sitting at a booth, or they are standing around the table in the far left corner. Intrigued, I try to peak at what they are all huddle around. And obviously, it was none other than Mr. Scary-looking guy. Ugh seriously why is that guy getting all that attention... Who is him? Seeming to be in a deep conversation with his entourage, I focus on getting glasses out and asking people what they want to drink. I decided to ask the guy closest to me what he wanted, in the hope that I can make things less awkward for myself.

"Hello sir, can I get you something to drink?"

Turning around, I'm surprised that this guy actually looks friendly. I was expecting some scary looking burly men, some death glares, and other stuff that you would imagine in the movies, but this guy smiled back at me and seemed sweet.

 I was expecting some scary looking burly men, some death glares, and other stuff that you would imagine in the movies, but this guy smiled back at me and seemed sweet

Oh, Mary Mother and Joseph he is so cute! He has dimples too oh my God...

Noticing that I am taken aback by him, he smirked and let out a quick chuckle.

"I'll have whatever you recommend, honey," He said, and I knew that he was teasing me over my gawking earlier.

"R-right, c-coming right up!" I stammered back, quickly hiding my blushing face behind the bottles on the counter. Turning around, I could hear him chuckle again and mumbled something along the line of my beat red face. God, I wish I could just bury myself alive right now... but his chuckle sounds so cheeky ugh...

Finally, after quickly getting together a drink for the cute guy, more of the men in suits started to come up and ask me for some drinks. Now, this I can handle, and I started working as hard as I could, relieved with this sense of purpose here. I guess that's why I really like working here... Feeling useful, and I don't know... Special. In a way.

As the night went on, I was constantly making drinks. More of the men decided to come and order drinks, which I happily supplied, but something felt off in the room. It felt like a cold chill was starting to settle over the room, and I couldn't stop myself from feeling extremely tense. When I looked around, everyone seemed to be just staring at their drinks, almost like they were lost in thought. They all seemed anxious about something. Well, all of them except for this cute guy still sitting at my counter, smiling at his drink in hand. But the person who shocked me the most in the room was him...

Still in the center of his "crowd", it seemed that he was thinking hard over something. One hand on his drink, the other one was resting on his head, while he looked down on the slightly spotted table in front of him. I can still feel it... the way it felt like the whole room was just waiting on him. Suddenly, he grasped his drink, and knocked it down in one gulp. He cleared his throat, and started to talk in a very lowly voice.

"Let's save the chit chat everyone. We all know we are not here to socialize, correct?" He announced. Everyone in the room suddenly turned their attention towards his commanding voice, and I suddenly felt like I really shouldn't be in this room. How one man can command room is just bizarre to me...

"Let's get down to business, men. Now, will somebody come up to me and tell me what the fuck is going on with MY investments?!" He sternly commanded, and it felt like he already knew what they were going to tell him by the way he asked them. And everyone was just too scared to say anything. Feeling really lost, I started to quietly clean the counters, thinking that if I didn't look like I was there, that they would just forget me. But apparently, that wasn't the case.

"Boss, what about her?" The guy on the other side of the room, leaning against the back wall, said sternly. Walking out into view, he presented himself with such an intimidating aura; his stern dark eyes, dark and rough hairstyle, and his tough jawline gave me the heebie-jeebies being under his scrutiny. He seemed to have some sort of higher up power over the room, but the way he called him "boss"... Does that mean that "that guy" is HIS boss? Suddenly, the whole room's attention seemed to be on me, almost like they were picking me apart, like I was their prey. Terrified by their distrust in me, I started to stammer and held my hands up in a defensive stance, as if that could stop them from looking at me.

"It's okay. I made sure that they had a trustworthy staff member back here. And don't worry. I KNOW she will not say anything."

Surprised by his casual response, I looked over at where he was sitting. He was staring right at me as if I was some small animal, and he didn't have the energy to kill me. Having everyone shift their eyes from me gave me shivers... my God they are all like animals back here...

"Now, back to what I was saying... Trevor, why don't you tell everyone why I called everyone here?" He called out to Trevor, who is the scary rough guy from earlier.

Trevor seemed to understand what the boss guy was talking about, and started to walk towards the front of the room, so he could face everyone in the eye.

"It seems that we have a rat here, and he has been embezzling money to account number 144353" He reads out from a sheet in his back pocket.

"And that person has two choices right now." Waiting on his next words, people started to shift uncomfortably where they were standing, and I could feel the pressure slowly rising in the room. Oh why Stacy?? Why the fuck did you leave me back here with these crazy people??

"One... He turns himself in right now..." Sticking one finger up, Trevor started to move closer to everyone, scanning one side of the room to the other.

"Or two... We rip this room apart right now and find him. It's your choice"He shrugged, like threatening people was something that he thought nothing of. Everyone in the room started to slowly turn on each other, sending glares to other people, and separating themselves from each other. This seemed to make the boss guy happy, as he chuckled and said,

"I love this part. Looks like we have to rip everything apart. Lovely."

Immediately, the boss man, Trevor, and some of the other men pulled out guns from their backs, and pointed them towards the crowd of people. I have never felt so terrified in my whole life, and I immediately dunked underneath the bar, in fear that they might start shooting. Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh please somebody save me! I shouldn't be here! From my hiding spot, I heard him say one thing, and then the click of guns loading...

"This'll be fun..."