41

✞ Stephan's POV ✞

Ten Years Earlier

"P-please-e, ple-ease, please just s-stop honey!"

That's where you're wrong mom. You already know that he isn't going to stop.

I've already been beaten, and I'm finding it extremely hard to keep this up, but I can't let him win. I can't let him hurt her. I must protect my mother.

I can see him literally shaking in pure anger as he raised his arm to hit her with. Just as the swing came down, I jumped in front of my mother, taking the punch straight across my left eye. This one knocked me directly to the ground, and just caught myself in time before face planting onto the ground. But I can't do that. I won't let him touch her. I have never felt so weak and alone in my whole life, but I promised her that I would protect her forever. Weakly standing up, I spread my arms in defense over my mother, looking directly at my father. I knew this would make him furious, yet I still stood there. Just like an asshole, just like him. I can hear my mother pleading over and over again for my father to stop, but I knew the truth. It's in his blood. He won't stop. Please, mom, I turned my head to look at her, silently pleading with my eyes.

"Mom... Don't worry." I could see her tears fall all over her swelled face, and I could tell that she was terrified. Man, so was I. But I had to tell her that I was here, that she was going to be okay.

"He won't touch you, mom. P-please mom! Please j-just run!! I'll be fine, just get out of here!" I started losing it. I needed to get her out of here immediately. Something felt off tonight. They usually have these fights, and I usually am pretty beat up after, but he is getting worse. I can see it in his eyes. He has lost all control. And I can feel it from the pain. I think I have a few broken bones, and something is definitely wrong with my arm. It isn't usually this bad.

"Don't you fucking tell her what to do you asshole! She's is going to stay right here, and I am going to beat the shit out of her, just as she deserves!" His yelling has gotten harsher and deeper now, but that is just fuelling my fire to protect her.

"You bastard! Fucking move when I ask you to!" He punched again, this time I was able to dodge it and twisting his arm back away from my mom. Holding his right arm in a lock, I yelled at my mom to run. Oh God Why couldn't she listen to me this one damn time? But she didn't. And my dad lost it. He started thrashing around and screamed insults at the top of his lungs. Things seemed to move in slow motion. Over the chaos, I heard her whisper,

"Stephan, my love, please. This is my battle, not yours. I can't keep watching you protect me and get hurt so badly because of me anymore..." That's when I saw my father grab something from the floor. Before I could even respond, he stuck a knife into my arm that was holding him. I could feel the intense pain, but I wanted to fight through it. I desperately tried to hold him still, but I felt things go numb in my fingers. I wasn't strong enough. My father chose this time to slam his elbow into my chest, knocking the wind out of me and made me crash onto the ground.

"M-m-mom p-p-please g-g-o now!!" I weakly yelled.

But I couldn't do anything. He was stronger. And I was way too damn weak. Why God? Why the fuck am I so damn weak? I couldn't do anything except watch as my father run up to my mom and stab her in her chest. I saw her eyes jolt in pain, and I saw the blood spurt out of her mouth. I saw it all but I couldn't get up. Her lifeless body hung over his shoulder, her fading eyes staring right at me. It was almost like she was trying to tell me that she was sorry, and she was trying her best to protect me. 

But mom... I was supposed to do that—

He pushed her body off of his shoulder, and she landed on the ground with a loud thud. He turned around with blood splattered on his face, his eyes sparkled with delight and menace.

"See what you fucking did? You fucking did this. I wouldn't have killed her if it wasn't for your motherfucking existence." And with that, he started stabbing her body over and over again. It was just a big tease for him. I started losing it, begging him to stop, and that I was fucking sorry. But he continued. And I started bawling my eyes out, I started screaming her name, I just lost it. But I couldn't move. After he was satisfied, he finally got up and walked over to me.

"Boy. Don't ever fucking look at me again. I don't want to see your fucking disgusting eyes ever again. You're so fucking pathetic and weak. It's your fucking pathetic weak ass that got her killed" And then he spat and kicked me in the face. I immediately blacked out after that.

I'm not sure how much time passed, but I eventually opened my eyes again. I had no idea where I was, but something smelled off. Then, the realization kicked in. In front of me, was my mom's beaten dead body, just left like scraps on the floor. Using all the energy I had left, I dragged my beaten body to hers, and I lifted her head onto my lap. Her eyes were still open. I have never screamed and cried so loud in my life. I pulled her head to my chest, rubbing her back, screaming that you're okay and that you're not dead.

That was the day that I promised that I would avenge my mother's death. I would make him pay. I would kill him with my own hands. But I wouldn't stop there. I would rule this place. I would command an army of men that could kill whoever I want with the snap of my finger. I would have power. And I would never, EVER be fucking weak again in my life.