15

We're so fucking high—

Feeling myself hyperventilate, I clutch my chest and try to control my shaking breath. I was never very good with heights, and the thought of accidentally jumping out utterly terrifies me. God, where are we? I ever remember seeing a huge building like this by where I lived. This guy actually lives here??

Still standing a couple of feet away from me, Stephan smiles weakly at me. I can see him trying to constrain himself from me, flexing his fists in and out. I still couldn't steady my breathing, and I felt my legs go numb. Stumbling towards the bed, Stephan grabbed my arms and helped me steady myself. Normally, I would immediately push him away, but I knew that if he didn't help me now, I would splat right onto the ground. And that's just embarrassing. Finally sitting on the bed, Stephan sat down next to me while aimlessly drawing circles on my back. Scooting away just out of his reach, I turned towards him, trying to seem confident.

"What do you want from me? Why am I here? W-why can't I leave?" I asked, wringing my hands together on my lap, looking down, afraid of him getting angry again. Stephan sighed deeply, and quickly brushed his hands through his messy dark hair. There was something so mesmerizing about his movements. Moving his hair away, I was able to see his forehead, and he looked so stupidly handsome. It's just stupid.

"Baby, do you really want to know? I think you should just rest right now, and we can maybe talk later about this." He sighed, making it seem like this was the last thing he wanted to do. I can feel tears threatening to fall from my face.

"N-no please s-s-Stephan... I want to know." I pleaded, hoping that he just humour me for this one second. Staring directly into his eyes, it seemed like he was battling himself on the inside. He was staring intently back at me. For what seemed like hours, Stephan cleared his throat and sat down next to me.

"Sarah, baby, please just listen to me. Don't do anything rash. And do not make me angry again, okay?" He asked, his onyx eyes staring right into my hazel ones. 

"O-Ok..." I stuttered, suddenly feeling anxious. Don't make him mad, Sarah. Just keep your mouth shut and take things as they are. Just breathe. 

"Good, beautiful. Just breathe baby." He put his hand on my thigh, very gently like he was trying to rest his hand on feathers.

"Okay, as you know, my name is Stephan. My full name is Stephan Black. Now, as you saw at the bar before, I run an organization that facilitates organized crime. I guess you can call us a gang, or like a mafia. I kill people, love." He paused, focusing on my face, like he was expecting some sort of reaction. Truth was, I already knew all of this. Looks like this guy's ego is larger than his discretion. He seemed to like my response, smirking mischievously.

"Okay, time for the big stuff," He said, moving closer to me.

"Now, baby. Since I'm a big bad guy, I've made a lot of enemies. There are people that want to stop me— that want to kill me, okay?" He said, like he was trying to hint towards something.

"Okay, so what does that have to do with me?" I questioned, keeping my voice quiet and weak, very wary of his temper.

"Well, you know those bad men who came and hurt you, love?" I nodded in response, wincing from the memory of the terrible night. 

"They were hired men that work under a man named Harris Cooper. Harris is probably my biggest rival in terms of power, and baby, he's trying to use you to get to me." He said, with a bit of menace in his voice, clearly pissed off at this Harris guy.

"B-but, why would he use m-me to get to you? I'm nobody to you." I said, really confused by what Stephan was saying. I don't get this. Why would Harris try and hurt me? I don't have any ties to Stephan. And even if he thought so, when did he ever see us together? I only saw Stephan at my work, and no one is allowed in the backroom, unless invited. And I'm pretty sure Stephan wouldn't invite his rival. Unless—

"He was there, baby. When I kissed you. That fucking asshole wants what is fucking mine, and I can't allow him to have you. You're mine baby." Stephan's pace starts to quicken, and my brain couldn't keep up. He saw us? When Stephan kissed me? But that was just a fucking kiss! That doesn't mean I'm anything to him!

Concerned from my silence, Stephan brought his hand up to my cheek and turned my face to his. He looked so serious, and it scared me.

"Sarah, baby, I'm so sorry. He tried to hurt you, and it's all my fault. I should've brought you here that night. God, I'm such a dumbass!" He growled, getting angrier as he talked. Scared that he might lose his temper on me, I tried to back away from him again. He must have noticed my fear, as he tried to calm me down and brought me back over to him.

"No no no baby. Don't be scared of me, I'm sorry Sarah. I'm not mad at you, sweetheart." He repeated, grabbing my hands tightly. I still couldn't stop myself from doubting everything that he has just said. This Harris guy wants me dead... to get to this guy? A guy that lives in a completely different world than me?

Calming down, Stephan went back to talking.

"Sarah, I'm not going to let him hurt you. He won't ever touch you ever again. That's why you're here baby. And that's why you have to stay." Reality slowly started to sink in when he said this. I can't leave? Because this other guy is trying to kill me?

"W-wait! Why can't you just kill this guy? Isn't that your job? A-and once y-you do, I can g-go! Y-you won't have to worry about this guy hurting me" I tried to persuade him, but he just shook his head, and grabbed me harder. His hands were resting on my hip, pulling me closer to his chest.

"Sarah, please don't. You're not leaving, baby. I need to protect you. As much as I want to kill that motherfucker, I can't. Trust me, I've tried. But, I will eventually. Once I get more men and more land, trust me baby, I will crush him." 

The passion in voice was terrifying, feeling it vibrate through my body as he grabbed me even harder. His hands were starting to hurt me, making me start to whimper and place my hands against his chest to let him know I'm uncomfortable. Realizing that he lost control, Stephan loosened his hold, but didn't move his hands. They were planted to me, even as I tried to squirm out.

"Sarah, listen to me babygirl. That's not it." Stephan said, bringing his head close to my ear, nuzzling it against my neck, planting a ghost of a kiss against it.

"Baby, you're staying with me because I love you. And pretty soon, we are going to get married."

I froze.

"And baby— You will love me back.. And you will carry my children." He said as he licked the nape of my neck.

what.