30

Just as I was getting comfortable in Stephan's warmth, I hear a loud click next to me. Stephan's grip on me momentarily weakens, but as I turn my head to see what is happening, Stephan's hand form a steel grip on my body. Placing my hands on Stephan's chest, I turn to see Trevor pull out his gun from his jacket pocket, along with the other two men following us. They seem to be defensibly staring at something behind Stephan, as I see Stephan visibly tense and straighten. 

Still holding me tightly, Stephan turns around, but holds a protective hand on me behind him. I'm still lost on what is happening, but the fear slowly hangs over me as I notice the strong tension in the air. Feeling my throat tighten and my heartbeat quicken, I slowly peek from behind Stephan's wide back. Just off in the distance, I see nothing but a lone man walking towards us. He seems completely harmless, no weapon and no signs of any aggression. He's just walking. Stephan seems to be giving Trevor some sort of signal with his hand, and Trevor and the two men retreat behind us, and quietly watch from behind us. They put their guns away, but I can see Trevor's hand linger around his jacket. Trevor's eyes glance up to me, serious as always, and swiftly nods to me. In that one nod, I can feel Trevor's voice peeking through. "Don't worry. I'm here,"

Stephan's grip on me seems to tighten as the man closes in on us. I'm able to make out more of the man from this distance, his big body seems to bulge out of his tightly close suit. His poorly parted hair seems to be glued down to his head, sweat dripping down his chubby face, through his sorry excuse of a beard. He seems to be heaving, even though it isn't that hot outside and he is walking at a very slow pace. But, nevertheless,  Stephan and the others are facing him with defensive straight backs. Personally, this man looks like the typical pedophile. My curiousity peaks when he approaches Stephan and holds out his hand.

"Mr. Black, a pleasure to meet you once again," He wheezed,  a small stream of sweat dripping onto his shirt. 

"Bates, enjoying the outdoors I see?" Stephan inquired, his hand tightly grasping his outstretched one, both of their hands slowly turning white. As Bates stared and wheezed at Stephan, I see his eyes slightly glance over to me, his dull blue eyes making my body unconsciously shiver. Stephan seems to notice his attention to me, and wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me tight against his chest. 

"A little heart catcher you got there. Say, when did you pick up something like that?" He quires, making me feel extremely uncomfortable being described like some object. Just as I was about to interject, Stephan growls lightly.

"Watch your tongue, Bates. Or else." Stephan threats, raising his voice, making Trevor and the other two men reach for their guns stepping closer. Stephan just raises one hand, and continues to stare right at Bates. From the outside, Stephan looks like the epitome of a criminal leader, but being held right up against his chest, I can hear his heart radically beat out of his chest. Resting my hands cautiously on his chest, I turn to look up at Stephan. If he was looking at me the way he is now, I think I would probably have a heart attack and die. The pure anger and power that Stephan emits from his gaze alone would make anyone cower into a fetal position. 

Hearing a loud chuckle, I whip my head around to see Bates holding his large belly and his body shake as he whole-heartedly laughs. Whoever this man is, he must be a complete idiot that has no fucking brain. Or he just doesn't give a fuck.

"Heh, you're still the same old Stephan Black. Always so serious and powerful—" He starts to hack, "Ha— Don't worry Black, I'm some suicide fucker, and I know my place. I was just complimenting her." He winks in my direction. Stephan growls again, and grips me even harder. As Stephan started to hurt me, I place my arms on his shoulders and try and get his attention. He is still staring at Bates, his face scrunched up like some rabid animal. 

"S-Stephan?" I hiss out, shaking his shoulders lightly. Clenching his jaw, Stephan looks down at me.

"Stephan, you're hurting me. I can handle him myself." I quietly growl out, feeling the adrenaline pump through my veins as I mentally plan out in my head how I'm going to knock this pervert in the head. Stephan just shakes his head, and looks back up at Bates.

"Don't worry, baby. We're done here." Stephan deep voice booms out, making me slightly quiver. He starts to walk away, as Bates continues. 

"I've heard around that you are planning on taking on Harris." Bates interjects, making Stephan freeze in his spot. 

"And?" Stephan prods.

"Well, I've just recently got a new inventory order in that you might be interested in." Bates urges, making Stephan click his tongue and look back at Trevor. Trevor just nods, and walks up next to Stephan. 

"What is it this time?" Trevor calmly, but deeply, asks. Feeling stuck in this confrontation, I whip my head back and forth from Bates and Trevor. Bates just shoves one of his hands into his pockets, and snaps his fingers with the other. Then, without a second thought, about five men emerge from the nearby trees with guns and start to approach us. 

Stephan and Trevor just remain unfazed as they slowly become surrounded. Bates just cockingly stares back at us, and nods to one of his men. 

I instinctively shut my eyes and grip onto Stephan's arms, preparing for the ringing out shots. 

I hear a loud click and I hold my breath.