12

We must have been there for about an hour. I fell asleep for a bit, hiccupping every now and then from crying so hard. He was still rubbing my back. And honestly, it felt pretty good. But, I've had enough. Pushing him away, I backed up again, but this time I faced him and looked at him. He didn't seem bothered by me pushing him away again, probably because I finally let him hold me and he must think that he can do whatever he wants to me now. But, truthfully, it's because I didn't have the energy to fight him. And... he smells so good.

"How are you feeling now, pumpkin?" He asked, looking at me in the eyes. His attention really took me by surprise, and I suddenly felt really embarrassed to be stared at by him. Looking down at my hands, I just mumbled in reply. It's not that I was trying to be petty, I just wanted him to stop looking at me. He leaned back on the bed, using his hands to prop himself up. 

"Can you stop looking at me?" I bluntly said, hoping that my rudeness would drive him away from me. But this guy is just so abnormal. He just smirked in response, and kept staring. This suddenly felt like it was closing in on me, and I so badly wanted to run from here. I need to distract him, so that I can get out of this dark room. 

"Why—" he started to say, slowly moving closer to me.

"Why do you want me not to look at you?" He asked. Pfft, are you serious man? Maybe it's because you're a psychopath that kills for fun and power. Maybe it's because I'm scared of what you have seen... Or maybe it's because I don't like being fucking gawked at by a complete stranger. I wanted to tell him all of this, but I felt like his weird attitude would enjoy it. Instead, I kept my shy girl facade up, so he won't expect anything from me.

"B-because you're embarrassing me..." I hid my face under the covers, making it seem that I was blushing. He seemed sort of shocked by my actions. I barely even saw it, but it looked like he had a slight tinge of pink settling over his cheeks. He cleared his throat and backed away from me, almost like he was trying to let my words settle in. Good. Now's my chance.

Before he could comprehend what I was doing, I threw the covers over his head, and bolted it directly towards the door at the far side of the room. My feet caught underneath the rug on the ground, but I just fell onto the doorway, and forced it open. I heard him yell out my name, but I didn't look back. He was pissed.

Running out, I saw that no one was outside of the room. This room seemed to be in the middle of a hallway, so I ran towards the way with the most lights, hoping that it was sunlight— a possible exit. Just when I started to run, my head started to throb violently. The room started to spin, and I felt sick from nausea. I tried to reach out for the wall next to me, but I was too far from it, and I felt my body start to fall on the ground. I couldn't see anything at this point. And I started to cry from the pain. Just before I hit the ground, I felt a strong pair of arms hold my falling body. Looking up, I saw that it was him. I started to cry faster and louder, pounding my fists against his chest.

"L-l-let me go! F-fuck off!" I yelled at him. Completely ignoring me, he lifted my body up, like I weighed nothing. But, something in the way he was holding me, I was like he didn't want to hold me too hard, like I was going to break. Like I was something fragile. I kept pounding against his solid chest, but he just kept walking. Another wave of pain rushed through my head, and I whimpered out in pain. 

"Shit, baby hold on." He said, as he started to pick up his pace. I felt so dizzy, and being held was not helping me at all. I just wanted the pain to stop. Just as it started to get worse again, I grabbed onto his shirt collar and buried my face in his chest. I just wanted to block it all out. I felt so sick, almost like I was delirious. 

He slowly came to a stop, and started to bang on a door in front of him. It wasn't until now that I realized that he wasn't taking me back to the room. I didn't run that far away from it. We were in some other hallway, in front of a dark brown wooden door. There seemed to be a light shining underneath the door, and I could see the shadow of someone's figure come up to the door. Whoever was in the room quickly let us in, and the strong florescent lights almost blinded me. As my eyes were adjusting to the light, it seemed like this room was some sort of infirmary. There was a desk in the corner with a bunch of papers and pill bottles, a hospital bed right next to it, and some medical equipment in the other corner. 

"Mackie, you need to do something! I think it's her head, from when the fucktard hit her with the knife?" He growled out, placing me down on the bed gently. My eyes were still adjusting to the light, but I heard the Mackie guy next to me pull out something from his desk drawer, and brought it over to me. Just as my eyes finally started to get used to the light, he shined a light directly into my eyes.

"Look over at me. Just look towards my voice." He calmly said, as I followed his directions. Turning the light off, I blink a couple of times, to only look up and find that this Mackie guy was the cute smiley guy at the bar. 

"Y-you—" I stuttered out. This guy will get me out of here, he seemed nice. But yet again, he let that man die like the rest of them. And he works for this other guy. 

"Stephan, she's okay. She just has a bad concussion, but it's nothing that we can't treat." Mackie said. So, this other guy's name is Stephan? Why does that name feel so familiar? Looking over at him, he nodded at Mackie and smiled down at me.

"P-please just l-let me go.." I whispered.

"Shhh love— It's okay." He smiled and brushed away some hairs from my face.

"I'm going to prescribe her some painkillers, and she needs to be on bed rest for the next couple weeks, and absolutely no bright lights or technology screens. No loud noises. Just relax, sweetie." he smiled at me, as he fumbled through his mountain of pill bottles on his desk. Finally finding the one that he wanted, he handed it to Stephan.

"Mack— Can you give her something now for her anxiety?" Stephen asked, giving a stern look towards Mackie. Understanding what Stephan meant, he opened the top drawer of his desk and pulled out a syringe. I started to panic, trying to get out of the bed away from both of these men.

"W-wait what is that? Please don't! Leave me the fuck alone!" I yelled out, only to have my arms yanked back by Stephan, and held down on the bed. I felt the prick of the needle enter my arm. I started to cry again, weakly trying to get out of his hold. I started to kick around my legs hoping that I could hit something, but Mackie grabbed those and held them down as well. Stephan just kept looking at me, trying to get me to be quiet. Whatever Mackie injected in me, it was damn fast, as I felt my body feel extremely heavy and exhausted.

"That's better, baby. It's okay, I will never hurt you" He whispered, brushing my hair with his fingers, while wiping away my tears. 

"I hate you—" I said just before everything went completely dark.