Chapter Five: Crater Four

The alley way did not change from the last time we showed up, only this time the ground was right from previous rain, and men were walking in and out if the underground strip club. However, the club wasn't what I'm interested in, it's the brick wall that's gaining all of my attention. I stepped to the thick barrier, rubbed my chin while examining the graffiti covered portal.

"Damn kids." An old man mumbled while stepping to my side, he looked oblivious to my presence. Shaking his head, he stepped forward, disappearing into the wall as if it weren't broad daylight.

My eyes grew wide in shock as I glanced around to see no one. Reaching out, my hand disappears in the surface to only grasp air. I slowly stepped forward, the air shifted as the smell of sulfur and rot made me cringe. It was freezing, my skin crawled with goosebumps and my body shivers violently.

The realm looked like a market, packed with creatures of all kinds; vampires, lycan's, demons, shapeshifters, even subcategory creatures like fairies, felines, elves, and really odd looking beings that I would only see in mythological text. It was loud, the chatter of beings selling exotic foods, trinkets and other things that looked out of the ordinary, files my ears and formed excitement in my chest. The sky was clear with two suns, one larger than the other, indicating I was in another world; one hidden and unknown.

A giggle past my lips as I tried my best not to jump up and down. Instead, I stepped back through the wall, the cold sensation disappears and the smell of sulfur and rot were replaced with the normal stench of garbage. I pulled out my phone immediately, and walked out the alleyway towards the manor. I called Lucas, too excited to text him.

He answers on the third ring. "Hello?"

"Lucas, oh my gosh." I squealed, my body was shaking on the inside out, the excitement was too much to bear. "I found something really really interesting about the case. It was right under our noses the entire time."

"What was under our noses?"

I gazed around, making sure passing bodies weren't listening. "Another realm." I whispered. "The brick wall, it's a portal that goes into a different dimension with two suns and all these creatures that I've only seem on the internet. For instance, fairies and elves, I didn't know they existed."

"They're rare, like the Pishtacos. I thought I said to not investigate, and aren't you supposed to be with your parole officer?" He was teasing me; I can hear him smile on the other end of the line. "What happened to the whole Rio trip?"

"I'm not going back there for a while, it's best to lay low after what happened. Besides, the murderer is still out there and your busy with more mundane cases, I thought I would help you out a little bit."

Lucas sighed heavily, he was disappointed and frustrated, it made me cringe just thinking he was this way because of me. "I know you can take care of yourself, you proved that many times before, but I don't want you any part of this. What would happen if something else happens? Then you would be apart of it and that's never a good thing. Just let me handle it, and don't go anywhere near that market. Promise me that you won't."

I gave in after a moment of hesitation. "Okay, I promise."

"Good. I'll see you on stage tonight."

"Can't wait. Be careful at work."

"You too, try to minimize the exorcism to one time a day, you don't want to break a bone."

"Ha ha, you and your dad jokes will certainly ever get old. See you tonight." I ended the call before entering Francis book shop, the smell of freshly made coffee wakes me up, and the low chatter coming from a group of teenagers in the romance section made me alert.