Chapter Nineteen: Housewife of Jupitar Hill

I moaned in agony, my head still spun and body heavy as if I was drowning in a pool of jello with no where out. I turned slowly, feeling soft cotton sheets and the warm sun baking my bare skin, my mouth was incredibly dry and stomach flipped over and over. "Oh my gosh." I whispered before fluttering my eyes open to take in the room.

The room was large, white walls and light brown furniture. The bed held white linings, the mattress soft with a numerous amount of pillows all around. I sit up slowly, moved my dreads from my face with one sweep and took a sharp intake of breath. It didn't seem like I was in Caroline's home. "Hello?!" I yelled painfully.

The house was still and silent, no sign of life or the smell of last night. However, I didn't still have my clothes on, no sign of tear in my stocking or rearrangement of my bra. I slide out of the king size bed, my feet planted on the polished hardwood. I took a deep breath, smelling the cinnamon apple in the air, along with a hint of smoked sausages.

The pounding of footsteps filled the air, soon the door swings open to reveal the owner of this bed. "Honey, you're up, great."

I narrowed my eyes at him, confusion and nausea taking over. "John?"

He still held that boyish smile, tan skin with black hair that stopped at his shoulders, blue crystal eyes that stared deep into my soul. "Uh, yeah, who else? How are you feeling? You came in last night drunk off your ass, the night with the girls has took a turn." John came to my side, presses the back of his hand upon my forehead and under my jaw. "You're a little feverish."

I stood to my feet, even though my body felt as if it were being pricked with a million needles. "What the fuck is happening?" I turned to the window, seeing the quiet street of a suburban neighborhood. A few kids rode on bikes as a mail man walked past- waving at neighbors and sharing a smile. "Where am I?"

"Honey, maybe you should sit down. You must of caught something at the bar, come lay down." He went to grab me, tug me onto the mattress.

"No, no I need-" my throat tightened and body lurched forward as I threw up the contents in my belly.

"Alright, let it out." John rubbed my back, something he hasn't done since I drunk my twenty-first birthday away. "Next time try to limit your drinking love, the hard stuff can weigh on you easily."

After emptying my stomach, I wiped the remaining fluids away with the back of my hand and took a deep breath. "Utah, fuck." I whispered while pressing my palm to my forehead. Suddenly, a cold sensation formed upon my skin, I pulled my hand away to see the large diamond on my left ring finger. "Oh no." I groaned while storming to the other side of the room. I found the bathroom, I barricade myself behind the thick white walls.

I paced the time floors, it sent a shiver up my spine. I waved my hands to dan myself, while taking deep breaths to calm my fast pacing heart. "What is happening?"

"Jupiter." He knocked on the door, worry coating his voice. "I made breakfast, get cleaned up and come down." It was more of an order than request. John sometimes demand me around without realizing, but he never goes too far in being aggressive.

"O-okay." I voiced. I waited for his shadow to disappear from under the door and his footsteps to turn faint. I stared myself in the full body mirror, everything was normal, even when I stripped out of my clothes there were no sign of marks or sigils.

Closing my eyes, I reached inside my mind- diffing deep for the latest memory I had, but nothing came up- just a blank picture. Giving up on that, I turned to the glass shower, I raised my hand and twitched my fingers move the door. Nothing, just an idiot trying to move objects, not even the static in my fingertips or my nerves rattling. "Powerless, how grand."