Chapter Twenty-Two: Mark of an Angel

"Okay." I voiced tempting to walk out of the greenhouse but a tight grip upon my wrist kept me from doing so. Lucas could barely look me in the eye, the fear he held was like a hammer and nail to my heart. I rubbed his hand, urging his hold off of my limb and giving him a reassuring smile. "Are you going to tell me where wegoing or do I have to see for myself?"

"Jupiter." Antonio barked while standing to his feet, eyes closed in on Gavriila, glaring and cursing the ground she walks on.

"Urk or Antonio, I don't know what you're going by nowadays. We both know you don't have enough juice to stop me, so how about you sit your ass down and eat your food; this is between sister and sister."

"Don't call her that." Athena hissed. "She's not your sister."

Gavriila glared at them all, steadying herself on her toes as of ready to strike the next person who spoke. "And you are?"

"Are we going or not?" I spat. "What's the surprise now? Rome? France?" I walked around the table with caution, tucking my hand away for any other person who wanted to hold me back.

Gavriila giggles in her own devious excitement. "I love surprises." Clapping her hands, she grabbed my as soon as I came close. Electricity formed between us, becoming visible and intense, I felt my brown eyes matching her own- reminding me we were related through blood but not emotionally.

Our connection ended with a snatch of my body, Lucas pulled me away, growling at Maxine's captor. "You think you have the upper hand because of Maxine, soon they pull is going to run out."

"You want to fight pretty boy, we can do this right now right here." Gavriila stepped close, growling herself while showing her shark like teeth.

I raised my hand on both sides, knowing if they were to get into a fight; Gavriila will win, Lucas will be severely hurt and Maxine would gain the short end of the stick. "Don't, just stay here, be with them." I whispered while staring deep into Lucas neon gaze. "I'll be back."

"Anyone else want to cry and beg? No, alright then, let's go." Just one touch, the world shifted the world under me shakes as my body grows weak from the sudden travel.

I fell into the dry soil, my fingers digging into the hot sand as I empty the liquid content inside my gut. "Fair warning next time would be nice."

"Next time? I like the sound of that." Gavriila teased. "Need a hand?"

I stumbled to my feet, wiping away the fluid on the corner of my mouth. I took in the Egyptian architecture, I recognized it from past history books and movies. "Abu Simbel Temples?"

Gavriila winked before leading the way towards the large entrance. A long hall surrounded by pillars in shape of pharaohs and gods holding weapons and encryptions along the stone caused the atmosphere to turn suspicious and weird. A faint torch light guide the rest of the way, away from the scorching hot sun and deeper into the cold burial site.

We finally approach the end, a large tomb settles on the middle, surrounded by lit candles, gifts of jewels and food from the natives. "The people thought giving the deceased food will not only send the dead treats but give the people good fortune." A woman stepped out from a row of pillars, her feet bare, curly raven hair long it hung just above her waist, eyes the color of emerald, lips bloodshot red, and skin pale as snow. She wore a thin night gown, her breast perky and body slim; she was no taller than me, but still held strength and confidence of an Amazon warrior. "How foolish humans can be, no matter what religion or class."

"Lilith?" I scoffed lightly, disbelief came over me as I see the woman in person.

"Jupiter." She stood in the middle of the room, hand upon the stone tomb as if saying goodbye to a lover. "How wonderful to meet my step-daughter, you're beautiful, just like your mother- I can only assume, being I've been locked away for so long. But surely, my husband always had good taste."