Chapter Twenty-Three: Pre-Apocalypse

Each step I take felt like my last, I knew a second that no one else do- the end of the world and humanity. In less than a week the world will be filled with demons, Louisiana will be an epidemic of disaster, soon the south would be Hell's nation before they spread through the United States, finally they'll go overseas someway.

"What wrong?" Lucas gruff voice filled the attic as I tried to escape from the bathroom without making a sound, but his lycan senses was on overdrive with Lilith and Gavriila still out there. His back was pressed to the bed frame, brows raised while slowly looking me over.

"Nothing." I mutter while sliding back into bed, my cheek pressed on his bare torso as my arm sling over his waist. "Just feel..." I released a steady breath, hoping my own nerves wouldn't betray me. "Terrible."

He massages my scalp, relaxing my anxiety and nervousness that he surely felt- just as I felt the fear and guilt in him. "What happened in Egypt?"

I flutter my eyes close, my body shuddered from the memory. I sit up slowly, my back pressed against the metal bars of the headboard, pinching the tip of a dreadlock, I bite down on my lips and stared out the window- taking in the newly installed yellow street lights. "Lilith has a plan that we can not stop." I stated. "In one week the world will be infested with demons and other evil creatures, humanity will be torn apart and it seems the angels doesn't care. Lilith is powerful than ever, now she has a body of Neith and Gavriila still by her side- along with a army; it's impossible."

"Nothing is impossible." Lucas mumbled with a heavy sigh. "Is this your giving up speech?"

I couldn't help but glare at him, although all I wanted to do was wait for the worse and live my life for another six days. "It's just the nine of us, one is human and another blind, against thousands of old demons. The odds of survival are very thin."

"At least we went down swinging and tried to save this dreadful world." Lucas grabbed my hand before kissing my fingers. "The one thing I would hate to do is back down from a fight."

"Even if there's a high chance of losing?"

"Yes. I would get my ass kicked every time when I was a kid, but at least I went down knowing I can hit back."

"This is different than a schoolyard fight." I slide out of bed, fingers combing through my hair as I take a deep breath. "I'm not like you either, either way, Lilith will win and we'll be left fighting through a damn apocalypse. I'm not saying we take it up the ass and wait for the world to explode, I just want to prepare for the worse. So, we fight, we either lose others or end up losing ourselves; I'm trying to get my mind ready for this."

Lucas took a deep breath while nodding his head in understanding. "A week huh?"

"Yeah, six days in counting."

He pulled the covers back, revealing the clean sheets. Patting the empty spot, Lucas lips tugged into a wide devious smirk. "Let's at least make the best of it."

"I don't know, the house is full of light sleepers." I whispered before taking a few steps until standing at the edge. One quick and strong tug of my wrist, I was in his laps, stifling my amusing giggles while trying to put on a serious face.

"Then we'll be quiet." Lucas traced an invisible line down my chest, stopping just before the chest lining of the tank top. "The alternative universe you were in, did you like it?"

I sucked in a sharp breath, a reminder of the horrid scene of me being a housewife for John and the fact I've told Lucas of it, hits me harder than a fret train. "No, not really."

"Oh?"

I cradled his head and kissed his lips twice- soft and tender pecks that made him smile and ease up on his faint jealousy. "If you were there, you would of pulled your hair out. It's too... nice. Neighbors are always waving at you every time you step out the door, nothing but farm land and a small population of a thousand, boring and small. Nothing exciting, and John- he is the most boring of them all."