Chapter Thirteen: Divine Ruler

The entrance of the cemetery was covered in thick lining of wards, switching around, casting more spells upon itself to make sure potential threats lost their strength. However, as the energy flowed through the invisible gate, I felt every drop. It rattled my nerves and shook my bones, calling for me to grasp onto the power of my ancestors. It formed goosebumps along my skin, brain cleared as my body hummed in delight.

A soft sigh past my lips as I took the first step through the words, they hit me from all angels, pushing electricity in and out of my skin until I were fully in the sacred site. "What are you waiting for, Christmas?" Francis barked while storming by. He wasn't pleased, considering the council called an emergency meeting. Being that they're making me tag along as well, it's surely about Madam Nunez.

Just like before, we gathered around Gabriel's statue, all four out of five of them stared me down as if I were a nuisance to their world; ruining their everyday life and terrorizing their children. I could only get that Mister Chung turned the other two against me with lies and his ego. "What's happened to Madam Nunez?" A middle age Spaniard man spoke up, his accent not as thick and held more of a southern tone. He was furious, his gaze heavy upon my own and eyes narrowed with suspicion.

"I do not know." I stated while looking at him head on. "But I do know she is not herself. In fact, she is possessed by a demon."

"A demon?" Mister Chung spoke out with a low cackle as the others held a sense of fear. "Madam Nunez is smart, she would not let herself get possessed by a demon."

"I don't know if you're stupid or just trapped in your male ego." I spat.

"Jupiter." Francis spoke in a stern warning while giving me a look saying to calm down.

I huffed before adverting my gaze towards the Gabriel statue behind him. The soft angel face warrior surely would if smit them all by now from their pride and ignorance, especially Chung. "One cannot just prevent possession like one would prevent from making a bad decision. Of course you wouldn't understand the comparison of sexual assault because you're a ignorant man that only thinks of himself. But I'm going to explain it to you so you'll understand."

From the corner of my eye, I saw Francis pinch the bridge of his nose while shaking his head in disbelief, but I continued my fearless act. "Imagine being out at night expecting to get home safely, not once did you drink nor are you wearing a sign saying: 'Hey, meat suit over here, come use me.' But then a perverted shadow comes up behind you and force himself up your ass without warning. The thing uses your body for other devious and perverted acts and then once it's all good and done with you, he just leaves you to go to the next victim. You're left traumatized, most likely seen some shit that would make a sane person go nuts; but you have to live with it for the rest of your life because the people around you will not understand how it feels. So image Madam Nunez, the smartest woman we know, going through that."

No one dare to speak, Mister Chung was certainly too embarrassed to even retort as the words he wanted to say was stuck in his throat. Francis just kept shaking his head slowly while handing his eyes from the world. The silence was deadly as we both gave a stare off to see what the other opponent will do. I waited patiently, stubborn to pull back my words. "You're done." The two words were spoken slowly, it weighed me down more than I expected as the process of being shunned out of New Orleans started with glares. "And anyone else who disagrees with this can leave as well."

"What is this? A council meeting without me." The voice was loud and demonic. I didn't have to turn to see Madam Nunez has finally shown herself after a well, then again, I wished the demon was still under a rock. "Why the fuck aren't you dead?" It snarled.

I turned around to take in the worse appearance I've ever seen. Madam Nunez body was covered in swollen black veins, her head was bleeding, eyes cloudy, and legs could barely hold; but the demon kept her, torturing her soul- gaining its revenge. "I should say the same to you."