Chapter Six: Ancient Red Door

The sky was dark, air holding a cool breeze, and the smell of shit were all around. The street looked familiar, the tall brick building and windows, the lamp post that the city manage to turn electrical, and the exact red door from the club. However, the dark pavement and concrete were just a dirt path and bricks, the car formed into horse and buggy- which explains the smell of feces.

"Where the hell are we?" I blurt out, amazed and shock that we went back in time.

"It's more like when in the Hell are we? This is Urk's hell, back in 1855." Peter sighed lightly as his lips tugged into a devious smile. "Careful, demons tend to lurk around, they can easily smell a out of place soul- especially when they're a innocent one." Giving me chilling eyes, he smirked wider, proving of the angel's hate for humanity.

A shiver went down my spine from his gaze as I looked over my shoulder towards the shadows, I can feel their cold eyes upon me, the smell of sulfur mixed in with the smell of feces; which made me want to throw up. The red door opened, the sound of whistling filled the silence; it was a smooth tune collided with rhythmic tapping of feet. A man with a top hat walked along the brick side wall, twirling his can and whistling a happy tune.

Peter nudged me to move, we followed at a distance, listened to his whistling and watching as he used the street as his dance floor. He turns into a gated home, his whistling died down. Peter stops me, just then a animalistic yell rung through the air, along with the strike of lightning upon the roof.

My stomach formed into knots, I can hear the pain and sorrow in the scream, lightning strikes and thunder clap. "What's the hold up? Let's go."

"Not yet."

My body shivered and the smell of sulfur became intense as low whispers and snarls made adrenaline course through my veins. The shadows in the alleys formed upon the walls and road, it moved slowly; crawling upon us on each side. "I can't wait out here." I urged before running bast the gates and up the step into the home.

He stood tall, shoulders slumped, breathing heavy and rapid, fingers curled into fist. A pale body laid upon his feet, blonde hair sprawled on the hardwood, and fabric from her dress all around. I stepped forward into the room, breathing shallow and eyes focused upon the familiar stranger. "Antonio." I whispered, immediately pulling back when he stopped breathing to growl.

Antonio stares at me with his glowing hazel eyes staring into my soul, his lips pulled in a snarl to show his pointy teeth. He took a step forward, causing me to step back. The lights flickered, I can feel the shadows closing in. The door rattled, windows started to crack with a million of hands hitting upon the glass.

"I know you don't know me during this time, but you still have your present conscious." I stated. "Remember Francis, your job in the law office." Still, I didn't get to him. The body morphed into grayish-blue skin, revealing his true nature. I took a deep breath and gulped down my fear as I recalled the first time he approached me.

"Oh, sinnerman, where you gonna run to?
Sinnerman where you gonna run to?
Where you gonna run to?
All on that day
We got to run to the rock
Please hide me, I run to the rock
Please hide me, run to the rock
Please hide here
All on that day
But the rock cried out
I can't hide you, the rock cried out
I ain't gonna hide you there
All on that day."

My voice died down, I was standing before him, close enough to wrap my arms around his shoulders- feeling his body relax under my touch. "Antonio?"