Chapter Eleven: Back from Limbo

"How the fuck are you still alive?" Francis circled the couch, eyes wide, skin pale, and body shaking from fear. He sat upon the sturdy coffee table, gently taking my arms to check my pulse. "You were dead for two hours."

"Two hours? I've only been gone for twenty minutes." Pressing my back against the arm rest, I placed a hand to my stomach. The wounds were healed and the spots were the knife struck me were tender, especially my back; but I push through it. Glancing over my shoulder, Lucas was still standing there in disbelief, his skin was else pale and his words were stuck in his throat.

"What's that?" Francis pointed towards the veil full of angel blood.

"Angel blood, it's needed to get a weapon. Which we should go to get right now." I tempted to stand, but my body was too weak to move.

"Did you just not hear you were dead for two hours?" Francis urged with a huff. Pinching the bridge of his nose, he mumbled a few words in French that were probably profanity. "Lucas, what's the ETA for May and Athena?"

"Five minutes." My boyfriend grumbled, I didn't know if he were relieved or upset; either way he wasn't happy. "How about you wave them down?"

Francis took his grumbling and question as a sign to leave. Dashing out the murder house, he left the air full of unknown tension. "Are you pissed at me or something?" I asked insecurely.

Lucas sighed heavily while taking a place on the coffee table. "No I'm not pissed at you. I thought I lost you and I didn't know what to do. Bursting in here, seeing you stabbed to death, I- fuck, it felt as if I lost half my heart." Tugging on his hair, his left leg shakes violently and hands shake. Taking a deep breath, he calmed down, his eyes flickered to neon and normal forest green, the pain in his gaze caused my own chest ache.

"Lucas." I whimpered, my lips trembled and eyes glossy. Before I could say anymore, he attack my lips- showing every inch of his love.

"Anjinho. I thought you were dead." Antonio storms into the room, eyes wide with the same shock like the rest. Not only did he storm in, but Athena and Aunt May found there way around as well; pulling me into tight hugs and crying. It was until a few minutes when all the emotions went out the window and when the serious work were laid out in the table.

We left Madam Nunez home after Lucas ordered an APB on the woman, saying she was dangerous but to not engage. Settling in Francis book shop, which was the closest place, we gathered around the veil and ancient Egyptian book. "It can wound a powerful demon, and it's the best weapon we have right now."

"To kill Lilith?" Athena questioned, hope went through her eyes. I saw she was slowly crawling out of her state of depression, each day was a battle but I see she's getting through it.

I shook my head, not able to speak nor look in their eyes as they figure out what I meant. "We can't hurt Maxine." Aunt May was the first to speak up.

"I know, which was really painful to admit we need this. It's just a option... a backup plan just in case we make an idea that doesn't work."

"Jupiter's right." Antonio immediately hopes on my side. "It's best to have it than going empty handed. We may need to use it on someone else. We can go to Egypt, you all stay here-"

"No." I blurt out before anyone else could protest. "Many time before we all gained proof that it's best to stick together or none of us go at all. We all go to Egypt, we all stick through this. No one else is getting hurt, being possessed, or dying; I can't have that happen."

"You need to rest." Lucas stated. "Gain your energy than we can find a way to get there."

"Fine." I grumbled. "We can leave tonight."