Chapter 2 - Stolen

You did the only thing you could think of. You hid, still holding the devil fruit. You might be from a rich family, but you were very brave. You saw them looking around. One of them had a skull and cross bones, with a big red nose on it, on there hat.

'That must be there pirate flag.' You thought. You looked down at the fruit. It fit into the palm of your hand and you suddenly remembered how much new ones would be if sold.

'100,000,000 berries.' You thought again. You looked up, seeing that they all started to look around, hearing one tell others to look in the corners. You knew they would find you but with how they are speed out, if you ran you could make it to the open door. You just had to wait for the right time.

One moved, showing the door. If that other one moved, it would be perfect, they wouldn't even be able to grab you.

He move.

You ran.

You could hear them yelling "Get her!" but you didn't stop. If you could get the devil fruit to Sakazuki, then you could escape with your parents. You ran up the stairs, only to stop half way. It was Sakazuki, only he was holding his side, his bleeding side.

"Sakazuki!" You yelled but heard the more footsteps. You turned, seeing all the pirates. You didn't know what to do but then they all stopped. You say they were looking behind you and you turned. You saw a man, well more like a clown with a red nose and blue hair.

"Captain Buggy!" One yelled. The man, now known as Buggy smiled.

"Well, well, well. It looks like we have a thief." He said. Sakazuki turned and faced Buggy.

"T-that devil f-fruit isn't yours." He said, blood dripped from his mouth. Buggy ignored him as he walked around him, right up to you and held his hand out.

"Hand over the devil fruit my lady." He said. You held it closer to you, shaking your head. His smile faded.

"I won't ask again." He said. You looked behind him, looking at Sakazuki before you remembered what he said.

"Just don't eat it." His voice echoed in your head. You bit your lip before looking up at Buggy.

"No." You said, putting the whole fruit into your mouth as you chewed it and swallowed.

"No!" Buggy yelled as you ate it. Once finished, you stuck your tongue out at him. The fruit tasted like animal skin, but you didn't show it. Buggy had a scowl on his face before he smiled. You looked at him, putting your tongue back in your mouth.

"(y/n)...run." You heard Sakazuki say but it was too late. Buggy snapped his fingers and something hard hit you in the head. You fell to the ground but you were still conscious, but barely. You say Buggy crouch near you.

"Sorry sweetheart, but that won't stop us from taking the devil fruit." He said before raising his hand, making a fist. You saw him bring it down.

Darkness.