Chapter 3 - Change

You opened your eyes, seeing a wall. You rolled over and sat up, but your head was killing you. You put your hand to it but it didn't stop the throbbing.

"Your up." You heard a male voice said. 

"Sorry dad." You said. He did always hate when you slept it. You then heard laughing, then remembered what happened. You looked and saw a man that looked like a lion, on a lion. You backed up till your back was on the wall. You then saw bars. A cage. You were in a cage. A small one. you could sit up, but not stand in it.   

"Richie, stay here. I will tell Captain Buggy." The man said, jumping down and walked away. You looked back at the lion. He growled at you and you could have swore he grew in size, as did the whole room. You felt helpless, almost like a mouse. The lion stopped growling and you heard voices, then the room grew again. Maybe it was your imagination. 

"Ah, You are awake." Buggy said as he walked in. You glared at him. 

"You  kidnapped me!" You yelled. Buggy laughed. 

"Well, it was that or kill you. I could still kill you to get the fruit if you want." He said, taking out a knife. You gasped but everything grew again. Buggy smiled and laughed again, reaching in and grabbed you. You struggled, trying to yell but only squeaks came out. You froze. 

"So, that devil fruit was the change change." He said. He dropped you and you closed your eyes but you never fell to the floor. You opened your eyes and looked down, seeing bird feet. You looked to your side and saw flapping wings. You grew scared but then fell, turning human. Buggy was laughing. 

"Perfect." He said and crouched to your level. You looked at him in the eyes. 

"You, sweetheart, will be the newest crew member." He said. you shook your head, not trusting your voice. His smile widen. 

"Oh, you don't have a choice. Mohji, watch her. Make sure she doesn't leave this room while I make up her... accessory." Buggy said, leaving the room. The pause before he said accessory scared you but you looked back at the man named Mohji.

"What happened to me?" You asked. Mohji just laughed. 

"Really? you ate a devil fruit without knowing what one is?" He asked laughing more. You grew mad. 

"No I do know! You gain the ability of...oh." You said, stopping your self. Mohji smirked.

"So, you are smart. I thought all rich people were stupid." He said and laid on the lion. You looked at your hands. and got an idea. You thought of a flea, and saw yourself shrink. You smiled but the lion roared and Mohji sat up. 

"Turn human or else!" He yelled but you were already out the door. One you squeezed out, you saw blue sky. You turned into a bird and flew but a hand reached out and caught you. You struggled and looked, thinking you would see a face but no. You only saw a hand, a severed hand. You turned human out of fear and fell. You were high in the sky but not to far from the water. You would just swim but once you hit the water you felt all your strange leave you. You tried to swim, but couldn't.

'Why can't I swim!' You thought as you sank down but someone grabbed you and pulled you on to the ship. You coughed up water. 

"You idiot!" You heard buggy yell. You looked, still feeling weak. 

"I-I was just..." "Just what? To kill your self?" He yelled, interrupting you. You shook your head but he hit you on the head. You grabbed it.

"Ow!" You yelled. 

"Devil fruit users can't swim!" He yelled. You looked and saw a Mohji giving buggy his hand back, but he was wet. You looked shocked. 

"No. No I can swim just fine!" You yelled. Buggy glared at you and you suddenly felt bad. 

"Well now you can't! You try that again and we will let you drown. At lest we will get your devil fruit." He said and walked over to you. He grabbed your wrist, lifting you till you were on your feet and slapped a red bracelet on you before let you go. You grabbed it, trying to remove it but it wouldn't move. 

"Don't even try. Its a special bracelet. Only myself and Mohji can remove it." Buggy said. You glared and turned into a bird to fly, but you fell to the deck, feeling like you had thousand pounds on you. You turned human, and stood looking at Buggy, who was smiling. 

"That's right. Try and escape now sweetheart." He said, walking away from you.