Chapter 8 - Dinner

You were sitting in the kitchens, cutting up the potatoes for tonight's supper. After you cut so many that day, you saw that you were cutting them faster. You tried to focused on cutting, and not what Buggy had said but you couldn't. 

"you won't go anywhere till you die and I get that devil fruit" 

It played in your head like an old record. You soon finished with the potatoes and started with the vegetables. This took you longer but you soon finished and told to cook, who told you to stay put in case he needs more of something. This gave you time to think. 

'I will never see my family again. I will die, or rather be killed.' You thought. You wiped you tears and tried to stop thinking of it. This was your new life. You sighed and looked at the cook, who was now gone. You looked around and saw the food was gone to. It must have finished and he just left you to your thoughts. Your stomach growled and you grabbed it. 

"Shush." You whispered. It only growled again and you saw Buggy walk it, an empty plate in his hand. He looked confused. 

"Not hungry?" He asked. You stomach growled and you held it. Buggy laughed. 

"Follow me." He said. You did and saw everyone eating on the deck. You wondered why no one was eating at the table where the food was.  

"Make your self a plate and sit anywhere." Buggy said as he left to his cabin. You grabbed a plate, pilling on food but looked around for a chair, not seeing one. You stood there, not knowing where to sit until Mohji called to you. You walked over and he patted the ground next to him. 

"Um, but there is no chair." You said. The crew that heard you laughed, including Mohji.

"Well, yeah. If we had chairs, we would miss the show." He said. You looked confused but he pointed up. You looked up and gasped. 

It was like a whole other world. The stars glistened and sparkled on the deep black sky. You sat down, unable to take your eyes off it. 

"Beautiful right?" You heard Mohji asked. You nodded, bringing the food to your mouth. 

"I never saw this on any ship i was on with my parents." You said. 

"Really? To busy spending money?" He asked. You shook your head. 

"No. To many lights. It drowned the star light away." You answered as you finished your food. You looked down at your empty plate. You left your eyes grow heavy.  

" Head to bed, you can do the dishes tomorrow." Mohji said, seeing you yawn. You nodded your eyes grew to heavy to keep open and slipped into a dreamless sleep.