Chapter 6 - Ocean.

You sat in that cage for hours, coming up with different ways to escape but only one thing made the most sense. Do what they say and gain there trust. Once you do that you will escape in the middle of the night and they will never find you, not with your devil fruit. As you came up with the plan, you heard foot steps and looked, seeing Buggy. You didn't move as he looked mad. 

"So. I heard you were shouting." He said. You shook your head. You never once yelled for help. 

"No, I was talking but I never raised..." You stopped. You remembered you shouted no at one point. 

"Oh, you remember now?" He asked rudely, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"Buggy, let me explain." You asked. He kicked the cage and you backed up till your back was pressing on the bars in fear. 

"It's Captain Buggy to you sweetheart and I don't want to hear it. I know you read the letter so guess what?" He asked. You didn't say anything. He just smiled. 

"Your punishment is to stay down here till I see fit. You better get comfortable." He said and turned to leave but stopped at the stairs, turning to face you. 

"And If I hear so much as a peep from you, it will last longer." He said and left. You wanted to cry but stopped yourself, not wanted to sod and make any noise. Sure, this did seem like a punishment, but with you being kidnapped, locked in a cage and having to be quiet again was to much. You wiped your eyes, trying to stop them from falling but it didn't work. Your plan would never work. 

You were trapped. You laid down, hoping you could sleep but no, something else did happen thought. It was the ocean. You could hear in under you when you laid down. You pressed your head to see if you could hear better but it was still muffled. You sat up and thought about animals. You snapped your fingers and thought of a bat. You saw the cage become bigger and pressed your ear to the floor again. You could hear the waves rolling under the boat but also singing. You knew this sound very well from you travailing with your parents. It was whales. You didn't move for hours, enchanted by the sounds you heard. You only snapped out of it when you heard yelling. 

"Sweetheart!" Buggy yelled. You jumped up, turning back to normal. He looked mad but set down a plate filled with food. You only noticed now that your stomach was making noise from hunger. You grabbed the plate, whispering a thank you. Buggy sat down, waiting for you to finish.

"What were you doing?" He asked. You looked at him, swallowing the fruit that was in your mouth. 

"I was listening." You whispered. Buggy sighed. 

"Look, you can talk normal when I'm down hear. What were you listening to?" He asked. You sighed.

"The ocean." You answered and continued to eat. There was a lot of food, something you were grateful for. Buggy only nodded and took the plate when you finished and left. You turned to a bat again and listened to the ocean once more. It made you feel something. 

It made you feel free.