Chapter 5 - Caged

You sighed, putting the last potato in the bin. It had taken you all night to do them and Buggy had left to sleep hours ago. Your eyes were heavy from lack of sleep. You wanted to crawl into bed but remembered that you don't have one, or even a place to sleep. You could see the sky was beginning to turn blue when your eyes closed.

You ran but didn't know why. You turned to look behind you but saw nothing. You slowed to a stop. Still nothing. As you looked around, seeing nothing, you became frighten. You were alone. You started to walk again but as you did, you saw only blackness. You realized that even thought you could see, waving your hand in front of you to prove it, you only saw black. You became aware of what was happening. 

You were alone.

You started to run again but then stopped. The darkness, you saw it move. You reached out to touch it but it was just out of reach. You swallowed the lump in your throat and jumped. 

"Sweetheart!" You heard and jumped up in fear. You saw Buggy, the one that yelled at you, and Mohji. The sky was still a light blue. You sat up, but then fell, still exhausted. Buggy grabbed you under the arm to help you up. 

"Don't tell me you only just finished the potatoes?" Mohji asked. You shrugged. 

"I don't know. I finished when the sun was coming up." You answered. They looked at each other. 

"Sweetheart, the sun just came up. Mohji, take her to her room." Buggy said. You wanted to smile but didn't get a chance as your eyes fell and had another dream, only this one was different. You had a dream of flying over the ocean, that was it. You woke up hours later and saw bars again. 

What Buggy meant as your room was your cage. You sat up and looked around. You were alone but you saw a note. You picked it up and read it. 

Sweetheart, 

We are at a port right now. Stay quiet and you will receive something good, make any noise or I find out you tried escaped, I will punish you myself.

Captain Buggy.

You crumpled the note and throw it in anger. You wanted to scream for help, but couldn't. 

You were afraid. You wanted to run, get away and go home but how long have they been gone? when will they get back. These questions were on your mind. You moved back until your back hit the back of the cape and you relaxed a bit.

"Mom, Dad, Help." You whispered as tears came down your face. You let out all your fear by crying. You tried to stay quiet but it was hard once you began to sod. You had to sleep in a cage, be forced to be work and were laughed at when they found out you didn't know how to. You looked up and stared at nothing for a while, feeling better as your tears stopped slowly.

"Maybe when they let me out of here, I could..." You stopped talking, clamping a hand over your mouth. You were about to say you  want to jump into the water and drown. You shook your head. 

"No!" You screamed. Your mother and father didn't raise you like that. You wiped your tears and looked at the bars, a new goal in mind. 

Escape and return home.