Chapter Two

I am talking way too fast

And a little bit louder than I should

Trying to say thank you for understanding

My side of the story the best you could

"backflip"// the front bottoms

Mikey was running again.

He was always running, but this time it was different. This time he wasn't alone; there was someone else. Someone chasing him.

This wasn't the first time Mikey had been chased, but it was the first time he'd been chased here. It wasn't that he was alone in this place; often times he would see people, but he'd thought they couldn't see him.

Apparently, he was wrong.

Stop, please, stop, Mikey begged, running faster. Branches whipped at his face and he crashed through them blindly, feeling their sting as they cut him. He didn't know what he was running towards, but any direction other that that one seemed fine. Fear seemed to engulf him as he sprinted forward, adrenaline coursing through his veins and pushing him on. He had to get away.

"Michael?"

No, no, no, Mikey repeated. He had to get away, he had to get away. 

 "Michael, can you hear me?"

Stop! Mikey suddenly collapsed to the ground, curling up and pulling his knees to his chest protectively. God, he hadn't even tried this time. I'm sorry, please, I'm sorry for whatever I did! I didn't mean it, I'm so sorry. He squeezed his eyes shut, hiding his head under his arms. He didn't know what he'd done wrong, but he knew what happened when he did something wrong and he didn't want that to happen and –

"Michael, if you can hear me open your eyes."

No! Mikey pressed his hands against his face wretchedly. No, no, no, no, no. He couldn't do it, he couldn't. He could feel himself shaking now. He was supposed to open his eyes, that's what he had done wrong. He'd failed and now he was in trouble. 

"Heart-rate escalating, doctor." A new voice spoke, but Mikey remained silent.

"That's good." A pause. "Michael, are you in there? Michael, we need you to respond."

"Heart-rate? Doctor, does that mean . . ?"

"We don't know yet, but it's the best sign we've seen in weeks. Try one more time, please."

Without warning, Mikey felt a small shock lashed across his scalp. It only lasted for a second, but it was enough to make him cry out in pain.

"Doctor!" The voice shouted.

"He just, did he just - Oh my God."

"Michael." It was the first voice again, their tone urgent. "Michael, if you can hear me respond, now."

Mikey didn't want to do it; they were mad at him. He didn't open his eyes and now he was in trouble . . . But maybe opening his eyes would help? Maybe he wouldn't get shocked again. Maybe it would fix everything; maybe Mikey wouldn't be so lost anymore. Even if it didn't do any of those things, he hoped that they would at least stop chasing him. 

So, he did it.

Mikey opened his eyes.

OK HOPEFULLY THAT WAS INTERESTING THANKS FOR READING ANOTHER CHAPTER ILY

im writing this story on word with a flash drive so it's changing a lot as i edit it, but i'm posting chapters once i think they're pretty solid. i'm just going to update all published chapters at the beginning of each month, and see if that works out.