Afternote

Oh my Godddd it's DONEE

Thank you so much for reading, and thank you to everyone who supported me while writing! This has been quite an eXPERIENCE, and it's crazy to think that I wrote the first chapter of this fic before I was diagnosed with an ED, and I'm finishing it on the second to last stage of treatment.

I made a playlist for Young and Doomed: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3ljKlfV2oSbBF9LHRKA33J?si=EaUZP5X3RfOSynLsGTO5cw

The original version of this fic was incredibly different! Here are a few of the original notes:

From my ED blog in March:

allllright im writing an (partly) ed-related fic, but im kind of considering if i should ever post it or not. while i fully support recovery, it is not something i personally wish to indulge in at this time and thus the character with the ed isn't going to recover by the end, which is why im hesitant. and not only that, but the characters work together to evade treatment, which isn't something i want to praise. idk about it all, this is my first time writing about something as personal as an ed.

i guess calling it an ed fic is wrong, though, because that's not what the story's about at all, one of the characters just happens to have an ed. (lmfao this fic was supposed to be a side project i started (around december i think?) while i wrote my main story, but now i've become so invested in it that it's taking priority. it's super fun to write; it's about two brother who were separated in the foster case system but wind up in the same hospital, one for brain injury, one for a liver transplant. the guy's psychologist is his biological father, and he doesn't know it (but his father does). neither patient knows the other is his brother, and as far as one of them is concerned he never had any siblings.)

fun fact this was written the day "Young and Doomed" was released, but I didn't know I was going to title the fic this at that time.

I also have around 40 pages of notes in the word document I wrote on, this is a screenshot of what they look like:

Also, a legendary quote from one of the original (now deleted) chapters:

What is that?" One girl asked Frank, pointing to his face. She looked a few years younger than him, with long, light brown hair and tired eyes. Before he could answer, Lindsey jumped in. "Don't be stupid, Molly," She grinned, waving her arm at Frank. "It's a portable stripper pole, of course!"

A what?

The girl looked just as confused as Frank felt, so Lindsey continued to explain. "You see, Frank here is secretly a stripper, but you can't tell anyone." She lowered her voice to a whisper, and a few nearby patients laughed. "He's super famous, and at night he breaks out of here to go to clubs and make tons of cash."

"Then why does he come back?" Molly asked. "If I went out every night, I'd never come back."

"Because he's trying to get better," Lindsey said. Frank raised his brows at her, but she just shrugged. "Oh, that makes sense," Molly nodded, and went back to drawing.

"A stripper?" Frank asked skeptically, and Lindsey giggled. "Yeah, man, you could totally do it," She paused to take a breath, before adding, "I bet Gerard would like that, wouldn't you, Gerard?"

"Fuck you!" Gerard laughed, brandishing a marker warningly. "Keep it up and I'll draw dicks on your wall!"

"Babe, I couldn't ask for anything better," Lindsey rolled her eyes.

I stole a ton of ideas from the forum "Craziest Treatment Stories," and wrote them down. They were all included in the original fic.

 They were all included in the original fic

Also, @plantfrank had a daydream about me and I believe it's worth showing to the world:

and it was like you. walking into treatment

and like just fucking. idk skateboarding in and doing a backflip and like throwing a gang sign and ripping off your sunglasses and saying "treatment is homophobic!"

and then like the person who runs it/doctor person whatever was like "source"

and you like walked over to a whiteboard and flipped it so show a pre-written message and you like pointed to it and it just said,

1. i'm gay

2. i wanna be skinny

AND THERE YA GO

Thanks again for reading!! Ahh ily allll!!