Chapter 2: It's a Mikaelson thing

AN: Update time! Imma be honest, I've been struggling with some minor writer's block lately. I want to write the best story possible for you guys and in order to do that, I feel like I need a good balance of things so I'm trying to find ways of making this story fun but not cliché and interesting but not so extreme where it's not believable. With that being said, I got this chapter done :). For all you Klaroline fans you're in for a small treat today and we've got some other stuff happening in this chapter so make sure you read it to the end! Like always, enjoy.

- B

POV Josie

Just as I set down the last platter of food on the counter I hear a rapid knock at the door.

"I'll get it." Hope walks past behind me to get the door.

"Hey!" Hope is greeted by our enthusiastic group of friends.

"Hey guys, welcome! Come on in." Hope pulls the door open wider allowing our guests inside.

I finally join Hope in welcoming everyone in.

"Hey! Thank you so much for coming. We're so excited to finally have you guys over."

"Dang, this apartment is dope," MG says as he hands me his house warming gift.

After a couple of weeks of finally adjusting to our new place Hope and I decided we should throw a house warming party for our friends.

"This place is so gorgeous! Clearly, Hope was the one who decorated." Lizzie admires the apartment.

"Um excuse me? That's rude." I half-jokingly respond.

"Jo, you know I love you but let's be real. When it comes to interior designing, your fiancée has a bit, actually a lot better taste than you."

I hear a chuckle coming from Hope. I turn to throw her a glare.

"Oh, c'mon babe, it's not that big of a deal. There's definitely a lot of other things you're better at than me." Hope slides her arm behind my back.

Just as I'm about to respond I hear another knock coming from the door. This time I go over to answer.

"Are we late to the party?" I'm surprised by who's standing at the door.

"Mom! Dad! What are you guys doing here?" I instantly pull them into a hug.

"Mom!" Before I can let go, Lizzie rushes up behind me and joins in on the hug.

"You didn't think I was going to miss your first ever house warming party, did you?" My mom says as she pulls back from the hug.

"I thought you were busy recruiting more students?" Lizzie asks skeptically.

"Honey, it's summer. Your mom's gotta take a break sometime don't I?" My mom lightheartedly responds.

"We're just glad you're here mom. You too dad." I make sure to acknowledge my dad who's been silently standing here the whole time.

"I'm happy to be here baby." My dad gives me a warm smile.

"Are you Saltzmans just going to stand there or actually come inside?" My attention is brought back to the rest of the group by Hope's voice.

"Hope! It's so nice to see you again." My mom walks in to greet Hope.

"Hi Caroline, it's always a pleasure seeing you." Hope returns the greeting with a smile and a hug.

It warms my heart seeing Hope get along with my whole family. At times I used to get jealous that Hope had a connection with my dad I never quite understood and that my mom felt more empathy for Hope than anyone else I've ever met but now seeing them all interact so happily together brings me joy.