Chapter 9: Bad bitch on the loose

AN: Hey guys! I'm back. I'm sorry it took forever for this chapter to get here. I lost a bit of motivation this weekend after getting a wave of exhaustion but I think I got my momentum back. I'm sorry if this chapter feels like a filler chapter but it kind of felt like one when I was writing it because chapter 10 is where things will get interesting. That one I'm looking forward to writing. That was not a very good hype for my own work... sorry about that. Anyway, please enjoy it and if you don't then you know, you don't. Also, for those of you interested in the livestream I mentioned in the faux update, stick around till the end for more details. Enjoy!

- B

POV Josie

A flip of a switch and it's all gone.

The remorse of looking at all the dead bodies. The guilt for hiding this from Hope. The care for what Hope thinks of me.

"Josie no," Hope's voice breaks.

She looks at me with disappointed eyes but I don't care anymore.

I start walking towards Hope, stepping over limp bodies as I go.

Hope doesn't move. Probably still stunned by everything.

I'm finally close enough where I'm slightly hovering over my fiancée's body. I lean down so my mouth is close to her ear.

"Oh babe, this is so much better." I delicately whisper.

I pull back just enough so that my face in close to hers and lean in to kiss her. Just as my lips are about to make contact with Hope's I whisper, "Imperium monstrum,"

I know this won't hold Hope for long but it'll give me enough time to run before she can stop me.

I take a step back letting the containment spell settle.

Realizing what's happening Hope starts to pound against the invisible walls.

"You don't have to do this Josie. I can help you!" Hope desperately cries out.

"I don't need your help, Hope. Not anymore." My face turns cold and I start to walk away.

"Ignarious,"

The dead bodies go up in flames as I vamp speed away from here.

The first thing I do with my newfound freedom is to go look for a new outfit.

It's the dead of night meaning all the nearby stores are closed but that doesn't stop me.

While passing through the French Quarter a black leather jacket catches my eye from the windowsill of a store.

I walk up to the entrance and jiggle the handle as if I'm expecting it to open but of course, it doesn't.

"Dissera portus," The locked door flies open and I casually walk in.

I grab the leather jacket sitting on the mannequin's body and walk further into the store to find a change of clothes.

After a few minutes of rummaging, I walk out of the store with a skin-tight, mid-thigh red dress on topping it off with the jacket and black sneakers.

I take a quick look at myself through the window giving myself an approving smirk before walking away.

It's been an hour since I put Hope in the containment spell meaning I should get out of Louisiana as soon as possible.

*

After hours of compelling a couple of people to get me to the nearest airport than compelling another few people to get me on a flight to New York, I'm finally in the Big Apple.