Chapter 10: Now we wait

AN: Guess who's back! I'm sorry this update took longer than usual to get here fam. I meant to post yesterday but got much busier than expected and then got to bed around 4:30 am and decided I needed to go to bed instead of finishing this. But it's finally here. This chapter is more of an informational/explanation chapter but there are a few important things that happen. Also, thank you for all of you who joined me on my first live for this story. It was a great experience and I would love to do it again! If you'd like to join our group chat you can still dm @b-works-legaciesau and I'll add you. With no further ado, enjoy!

- B

Earlier that day

Hope stood inside the containment spell overwhelmed by everything that had just happened.

Not only did she find out that Josie, her sweet empathetic Josie, was a ripper but she just turned off her humanity and most likely left for a murder spree.

There were only two people she could think of that could get her out of this predicament but only one was actually nearby.

Hope grabbed her phone from her pocket and quickly called the one witch who she knew was powerful enough to get her out of here.

"Hope?" Freya's voice rang through the phone.

"Aunt Freya! I need your help. I'm stuck in a containment spell right now at the border of Louisiana and I need to get out ASAP. I'll tell you more details when you get here but do you think you could come help me?" Hope started in a hurry but ended in an exhausted desperate voice.

"Yeah of course Hope. Just send me your location and I'll be there as soon as possible."

Hope hung up the phone and let out a much-needed sigh. With the first phone call down she had 3 more to go.

Hope looked back down at her phone to dial the next number, one she never expected to dial but knew she had to.

"Hello?"

"Penelope," For the first time that night Hope was relieved.

"Hope? Is everything alright?" The witch sounded hesitant.

"No, Josie turned off her humanity and I'm pretty sure she's going to go to you at some point," Hope said straightforwardly.

"What?"

"Josie couldn't control her bloodlust and became overwhelmed. She turned off her humanity before I could stop her and she ran off not too long ago. I know she still has feelings for you Penelope and currently, she doesn't have a care in the world for me meaning she's bound to go see you eventually so I need you to help me."

Hope didn't want to admit it but it was true. Ever since the night Penelope came to see Josie after her transition Josie hadn't been the same. A part of her knew that the tall brunette had unresolved feelings for her ex and becoming a heretic only heightened those emotions.

There was a pause from the other side of the call but only for a moment.

"What do you need me to do?"

"I'm currently trapped in a containment spell so I can't do much but I'm sending Lizzie over to you once Josie shows up. Lizzie will be waiting in New York so just send her a static location where Josie will be long enough for Lizzie to take her down." Hope started to lay out her plan as she explained to Penelope.

"Okay, then what?"

"You guys will bring her back to New Orleans to my family mansion, we have a holding place we can keep her for the time being. Then we try to bring her humanity back." Hope simply stated.