Chapter 4: What if...

AN: Oooo, new chapter. I actually didn't plan on posting for another few days but I just had a burst of ideas so you'll probably get some decent chapters these next few days XD. Last chapter we got to see Hope talk out her feelings so I think it's time to see Josie's pov don't you think? For all you Klaroline fans, I couldn't help but bring back a bit more Klaroline moments so enjoy that as well. Enjoy!

- B

A few days later

POV Josie

I wrap my Salvatore school robe that I stole after graduation tight around my body as I walk into the kitchen.

"Good morning love," Hope looks up from the coffee that she's holding in her hands to greet me.

Still half asleep I groggily walk over to Hope who's now only a couple feet away from me.

"Good morning." I groan out leaning into Hope's shoulder.

Hope's body vibrates beneath me with a light laugh.

"Looks like someone didn't get a lot of sleep last night." Hope pokes fun at me.

"Well, if somebody didn't keep stealing the blankets all night then maybe I wouldn't have woken up every 2 hours." I bite back.

This earns me another laugh.

"I'm sorry babe, I'll try to be better."

"It's fine." I let out a sigh.

"I'll just be sleep deprived and cranky forever," I say sarcastically.

"Hahaha, that is not what I signed up for when I asked you to marry me." Hope's response is equally sarcastic.

I just give her a soft glare.

"I'm kidding. I don't care if you're cranky or not. I'll still love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you." Hope's eyes brighten.

I can't help but roll my eyes at Hope's always perfectly timed cheesy response.

"I love you," I say right before bringing my lips to hers.

"I love you too." Hope mumbles against my lips.

I spend the rest of the morning watching Hope make me breakfast and cuddling with her on the couch.

I finally get up from where our bodies are entangled to get ready for the day.

"What are your plans today?" Hope looks up at me.

"Well, I'm grabbing lunch with my mom in." I look down at my watch.

"An hour so I should hurry up and get ready. And then I'm going into town to take a look at the local colleges here. How about you?"

"Your dad needs me on the field today for some creature they picked up on their radar earlier this week but I'd much rather stay home with you." A pout appears on Hope's beautiful lips.

"You know I'd rather you be here than out there fighting any day. But, this is your job and I know I can't convince you to stay home so please be safe and tell my dad I said hi."

I haven't been the biggest fan of Hope transitioning from campus mentor to field agent. I know she's one of the strongest beings alive and they really could use her help out there fighting these creatures but it also means her putting her life on the line every time she's out there and it makes me worry.

"Nothing's going to happen to me babe, don't worry and I will." Hope gives me her usual smile in reassurance before she pushes my leg.

"Now, go get ready. You know how much your mom hates it when people are late."