twenty three | flustered

IT WAS ALREADY NIGHT and everyone was starving. Chris decided to grilled some burgers and hotdogs.

The only thing that came up on my mind was; boyfriend material.

No, no, no, no.

Hailey Camilla Arrington, you should not thought about your enemy like that!
I muttered several curse words and glared at his back. We sat on our chairs at the back of the cabin, circling the charcoal grill and Chris. Chris were humming some unfamiliar tunes and I smiled at the sight. Someone cleared her or his throat and I immediately glared at Bree .. or Carter.

Bree smiled wickedly and I knew, that she knew that I have a crush on him. My mind were yelling at me; mission abort, mission abort, mission abort. I grumbled and Carter kissed the tip of her nose in order to stop messing with me. Bree blushed as red as a tomato and Carter flashed me a your-welcome smile. This was why Carter was my trusted best friend. Not that I didn't trust Bree but her mouth could accidentally spilled my secrets and this girl was always teasing me.

Chris handed me a plate of burger and handed Bree and Carter a plate of hotdog. They said that looking at each other's eyes already made them full.

Jesus Christ.

I shuddered and cringed and I didn't realize that Chris were sitting beside me, chewing on his burger like a hungry lion. I immediately digged in after seeing the grilled cheese inside the burger.

"You got some sauce on your left cheek." Chris looked at me with amusement.

My face burned to three-hundred and sixty degree, I'm kidding. Well, I was blushing when he said that out loud and the couple had the nerve to laugh.

"Oh." I said, I quickly took a tissue and wiped my left cheek.

All of us ate quietly. It sounded weird but it made the atmosphere became calm. I hummed a tune and stared at the sky. The sky were filled with stars and I saw a shooting star- a shooting star?!

"Quick, give me my phone! I saw a shooting star!" I yelled at Chris and Chris threw my phone at my face. A ridiculous sound was released from my throat but I covered with with a snort and immediately tapped the camera icon on my phone.

SNAP.

"Got it!" I exclaimed while flailing my arms with my phone. I tapped the gallery icon and tapped on the picture.

"Woah .." I said with awe.

The shooting star was captured in a perfect way and the three of them gathered beside me, taking a peak of the picture.

"Wow-za! Girl, this is spectacular!" Bree screamed and Carter shushed her because it was already night here.

"Whoopsies!" Bree whispered.

One hour later, we went back to our cabin after admiring the sky like a creepy stalker. Bree and Carter were running towards their room. I guess  they wanna bang the fuck out of their brains.

I walked towards to our- my room and grabbed my clothes and went inside the bathroom. I locked the bathroom door and screamed when I saw a certain person, naked as hell.