thirty one | parting ways

THE NEXT MORNING, Chris arrived earlier and prepared a huge blueberry pancake for me. I was a bit stunned by his behaviour. He never did that before to anyone. I sighed happily and smiled at him, he smiled back and pour some honey on the pancake.

I never knew that Chris and I will be like this in the future. My past self would probably laugh like a fool. I'm glad that we were enemies for the first time because it brought us to become lovers afterwards. We walked to a park and sat on the bench, staring at the lush grass, running and giggling children and some parents who scolded their children. I felt pleased with this moment. I wish time has stopped and we will forever be like this. A sudden ring break my thoughts and it was Chris's phone which was ringing like crazy.

"I'll be back, Hails," he said.

I nodded and waited for him. Few minutes have passed, Chris came back with a scowl plastered on his face.

"What's wrong?" I frowned.

"My parents... They knew I escaped here and they demanded me to come back home." His words were lingered with sad and I forced myself to smile so that he would not be worry.

"It's okay- Wait, you escaped?!" I shrieked.

"Of course, or they will not allow me to come here," Chris said.

"No wonder... Okay, go pack your stuff. I will be waiting." I grinned and reassured him that I will be fine no matter what was going on.

He smiled and walked me to the penthouse, then he left quickly.

"Loverboy has been caught, huh?" Mandy exclaimed.

"Shut up, Mandy," I growled.

"Whatever." She walked back to her room and a yawn left her mouth, I think she was asleep a while ago.

I changed my clothes and prepared myself to say goodbye to Chris. Truthfully, I didn't want him to leave. But I had no choice. If only I could ask him to stay here with me...

A knock came out from the door and Chris was fully dressed in formal clothes and we went to the airport together. I locked the door and we went inside a taxi that Chris has booked a few minutes earlier.

In the car, Chris looked so gloomy and hold my hand tightly throughout our way to the airport. Two hours later, we arrived and this was my departure now.

"Sorry... I, uh didn't tell you that I escaped here." Chris felt regret and I comfort him once again that it was alright for him to do that.

We hugged for a while and I promise to myself that I will remember this warmth body and his gentle hands. After that, he let go of my hands and he walked inside. But before he was out of my sight. Two strange people knocked his head and bring him to a van.

Before I could reach the van, my vision became black.

AUTHOR NOTES
sorry if the chapter is short,
next chapter will be a
plot twist tho lmao