twenty eight | lovebirds

HAILEY'S POV

I HAVE BEEN ON ATLANTA FOR A WEEK.

I do make some new friends, such as Harlow and Axel. Harlow was a bubbly, noisy girl whereas, Axel was a brooding type guy and his whole face and body screamed 'BADASS' to me.

Mandy... Well, still the same old Mandy. Every Saturday, we went to a small, homey café named 'Dream Puffs'. Her reason was to gawk at this hot, tall guy who worked there. I rolled my eyes every time I saw her worshipping the ground that he walked- kidding.

School was over and I was ready to went home but a hand stopped me by placing his/her palm on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Caspian looked at me smugly.

"What now?" I asked. After our small encounter on the street, while I was going to my penthouse, we didn't talked anymore.

"Wanna-" he was cut off by Harlow and Axel.

Caspian pouted and huffed lightly.

"Hey girl wanna grab some- you're C-Caspian!" Harlow screamed while pointing dramatically on Caspian.

He grinned, I assumed that he was excited to see his fan. Fan my ass.

Axel groaned and covered his ears with his hands. I didn't know why the guy can stick with Harlow, even though Harlow was so noisy. They were polar opposites, I swear.

"The one and only," Caspian said smoothly and brushed his raven black hair that was covering his right eye.

"Oh my Gooooood! Hailey, you didn't tell me that you're friends with Caspian!" Harlow shrieked while clapping her hands excitedly. I could see her palms started to redden.

"We're not frie-"

"We are friends," Caspian stated, smirking mischievously at me. A flash of nostalgia glimmered on my mind.

I missed Bree and Carter and specifically, Chris.

I sighed with sadness.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Axel queried.

One personality that I liked from Axel was this.

"I'm okay. Just missing someone." I smiled.

He nodded but then a glint of amusement sparked on his eyes.

"Don't even think about it," I whispered while narrowing my eyes.

"Okay, okay," Axel uttered but then nudged me on my hip playfully.

Harlow and Caspian were now hitting each other like they were long lost best friends. This reminded me of- Stop! Don't say his name! You think of him too much, I mean too much!

The more I think of him, the more my feelings began to increase.

Ugh. I'm going insane right now. Talking to my own mind.

"Oh my God, I love you-" I grabbed Harlow from Caspian and Caspian waved us goodbye. He walked to his motorcycle (his motorcycle was far from the school gate). Five minutes later, I saw him riding on it and flashed us a cheeky smile.

"Weirdo," Axel said.

I chuckled and dragged Harlow
to my penthouse along with Axel.
Axel decided to join us because he has nowhere to go. We arrived
at my penthouse shortly and I opened
the door while knocking it lightly.

That little rat! She didn't lock the door!
What if a burglar crashed in and steal all of our things?

We sat on the large, soft couch and I went to the kitchen to serve some drinks for them. I took two coke from the fridge and went back to the living room. I placed the cokes on a table and Axel muttered a thank you. Meanwhile, Harlow was still gushing about Caspian was hot, yadda yadda.

"Can we talk something else? Axel grumbled. I furrowed my eyebrows and an assumption struck on my mind.

Did Axel like Harlow?

Oh my God, I can't believe this!

I squealed out loud while looking at both of them.

"What?" Axel groaned, looking at me like I have grown multiple heads.

"Nothing." I gave him a sheepish smile.

But what if my assumption were wrong and I ended up making them embarrassed and mostly, awakward?

I need to find clues and I need Caspian's help. I walked silently to my room and I gave a silent thanks for Grandpa for soundproofing this penthouse along with a silent threat.

I dialled Caspian's number- that twat sneakily left a small note on my bag back then- and giddily jumped up and down.

"Hello? Caspian at your service."

"Service my ass. Anyway, I need your help."

A rustle boomed from him, "What?"

"Call Harlow right now. Here's her number, 0812-xxxx-xxxx."

"Why?"

"Just do what I told you!"

"Okay, okay! Geez, are you like pms-ing now?" I could hear that he was now dialling Harlow's number.

"Whatever." I end the call and walked back to the living room.

I smirked when I saw Axel sulked on the middle of the couch while Harlow was calling Caspian on Axel's left side.

I sat on a bean-bag chair and looked at both of them.

Axel was grumbling and groaning the whole time. He even tried to steal Harlow's phone but Harlow expertly dodged him and talk carelessly with Caspian.

"Jealousy doesn't look good on you," I whispered while walking to the couch beside Axel.

"What?" Axel became startled for the first time.

"You're jealous," I said again.

"Huh, of course not," he said calmly, a little bit of tense laced on his tone.

"Huh, of course not." I mimicked him while crossed my arms around my chest.

"Shut up, Hails," he grumbled.

The smile that was curved on my lips dropped and turned neutral.

"What's wrong?" Axel asked.

"Nope," I said. "But you like her right?"

"Fine, yes. There's zero per cent solution to make you shut up." Axel mumbled.

"Aha! See? You really like her! Since when?" I asked curiously.

"Before you enrol here, we're best friends. I transferred here because I was a notorious troublemaker back at my old school. Only this noisy, bubbly girl that came up to me and wanted to be my friend. I had no choice but to let her because she's stubborn as heck. End of story."

"Ooooh. Confess to her, will you?" I questioned.

"It's not that easy, whenever I confess she would call Caspian or speak noisily." Axel blurted.

"Psh, that was my idea," I said out loud.

"What?" Axel hissed.

"I wanted to see your reaction." I teased him.

"Whatever. Just end the call between them." Axel insisted.

"Harlow, wanna make some brownies?" I asked.

"YES!" she immediately ended the call and rushed to the kitchen.

I chortled and a smile had grown on Axel's lips.

"Lovebirds," I muttered happily.

• • •

AUTHOR NOTES
don't worry guys,
Chris will be on the
next chapter lmao.

please vote
and comment ! ✦

Q & A
what do you think
of the lovebirds?