thirty four | finale

HAILEY'S POV

IT HAD BEEN TWO YEARS since I separated from Christian and my family. I was currently enjoying a party near my college along with Mandy who was now becoming a wild party animal. She kept chugging her alcohol and I barely took a gulp from my glass. The odd one was she barely got tipsy!

Life in college was peaceful and luckily there was no drama in my college life, thanks to Mandy's sneering at random people because every day she would get a hangover from her last night party and accidentally glared at everyone at the day after.

There was no word about Christian since two years ago and I had bravely contacted his family about his whereabouts but they explained to me that they didn't know at all. That airhead really did make people worried like a lunatic.

I sighed after thinking about him and accidentally dropped my glass into my heels because the alcohol side effects were now getting on me.

This felt nostalgic. Nostalgic, my ass.

I smirked, knowing that the reason for it was because of that nostalgic moment. I got tipsy out of nowhere when familiar arms held me gently.

I got shocked a little, starting to think unreasonable reasons and hoping that it was Christian freaking Peterson.

Guess, I was right.

It was him, the nerve of him.. suddenly reappear in front of me without giving me his whereabouts and clues. I started to contact him a year ago since I had calm down because of the two years ago incident. Well, the nerve of me too but at least I didn't go disappear as he did for so long.

He stared at me with a confused emotion yet a familiar feeling reached through me.

"Uh.. Hailey?"

I smacked his head and grabbed his hair close to me.

"And that's the first thing you say to me?!" I wanted to add 'after two years' but I realized I shouldn't. I basically looked like I barked at him but trust me, I was not in the mood of joking.

"I'm-"

I pushed him in me and kissed him with all my might. I closed my eyes slowly, not caring that he was shocked and his eyes were still wide open. A tear fell out from my eye and rolled down on my cheeks until it reached my chin. I really missed him, so much.

After mere seconds, I pulled back, feeling exhausted but then this damn airhead pushed me towards him and kissed me back unlike before.

We kissed for a while and minutes later, I got embarrassed when the crowd were woo-ing for us.

We stopped kissing, realizing the crowd cheers.

"I've wanted to say this for a long time but I hadn't get the chance to blurted it out, I love you so much, Christian Peterson." I couldn't believe that I blurted it out! I was literally screaming on the inside!

Christian blushed hard as a tomato but since it was dark, only I could see his face in this way.

"Y-yeah, I love you too and thank you.." he spoke tenderly, unlike our fights from before.

I grinned, finally reuniting with this ugly airhead. If it was not for my frontal kiss, I didn't know how I was going to face him and we would be awkward in some way, I'm sort of glad doing that.

"Thank you?" I asked, wondering why he thanked me earlier.

"For loving me." Christian continued and smiled, a tear happened to broke out and also rolled down on his cheeks.

I blushed and began to blabber nonsense in my mind. I pretended to not notice his tear, thinking that it would embarrass him.

I hiccupped and he chuckled a little, just how much I really miss his chuckles. We hugged for a short time and Mandy suddenly appeared, pointing at Christian with her furrowed eyebrows.

"YOUU!" Mandy screamed. Her hair was all over her face, sticking around like glue for an unknown reason.

For the entire night, Mandy kept screaming and made a fuss on Christian, while he hid at my back for protection. I laughed freely, finally surrounded by my beloved ones.

I could say that this was just the beginning of my happy yet healthy relationship with Christian and also my family, but also the end of my suffering towards them.

• • •

6 YEARS LATER...

6 years have passed and time kept rolling, Christian and I married 5 years ago and now we had two children, Maxime and Madelyn. We were having a picnic minutes ago with our children and Christian and I were now relaxing, watching our children from afar while they play together in the park.

"Mommy! I found a flower!" Madelyn shrieked, Christian chuckled while I smiled gently to Madelyn.

"And what's that?" I asked.

"A rose!" Madelyn squealed, she put the rose on my lap and went running again to her older brother, Maxime.

Madelyn and Maxime had the same personality but Maxime was a bit ignorant just like Christian, who was now laying on my shoulder with a creepy smile intact on his mouth.

Luckily, our curse or should I say the curse between our families didn't work with us and everyone was happy with it. At first, I was confused why it didn't apply to Christian and I. But it turned out that there was another secret that our families still kept. Our great-great-great-great grandparents or should I say our ancestors that created this whole fiasco and curse were not mentally healthy. Both of them were somewhat suffering from autism and thought that the fire was an accidental accident. But the truth was they were the one who started the fire because they had a fight on that day. Daniel started the fire and ended up burn the house and their child inside, Peyton managed to survive and ran away from him.

I guess Donovan didn't want us to know the real truth because he was also suffering the same as Daniel and Peyton. Donovan's wife was also suffering from autism and thought that Donovan was the past lover that she really loved.

A thought came up on my family's mind but I think it was just speculation from them, Christian and I truly loved each other, that was why the curse didn't work with us. Well, I hope it was a fact though. Because I really loved my family now. I smiled at the thought and sighed happily while laying on the picnic blanket.

I feel like this will be my last challenge in this journey along with Christian. I think my children will continue our journey along with their beloved ones and friends. I smirked slightly and the damn airhead seemed to notice that.

"Why are you smirking?" he asked, confused expression laid on his face.

"Nothing." I nonchalantly said to him and stared up at the bright sky filled with flying birds all around.

Well, I guess this ended my journey with the airhead next to me.

"Teehee."

THE END

• • •

Author Notes

GAAAHHH! Can't believe Enemies Forever is already finished *sobs
It took two years to finish this thanks to my lazy ass :3 I could finish this a bit early but yeah thanks to my lazy ass again -.-
Thank you for everyone who read Enemies Forever throughout the end.
It means so much to me TT
I also can't believe this crappy book reached 41K, thanks again everyone!
Please drop by my other coming soon book, I Have Love You For Infinity on mid 2022!
I hope you all well and be happy! :)