Closer to Home

- Your pov-

It was official.

I couldn't remember anything from the show. I only know the names of the people I've met, and information I've learned about them.

And another thing.

I'm on the from King Joffery, and if I'm caught...

I don't even want to know what could happen.

-Bran pov-

I only woke up a little bit ago, and learned of my father's death. But I had seen it in a dream . . . It was like I was there witnessing it.

And now Robb has gone off and started a war with the King. Sansa and Arya in Kingslanding, most likely going to be held captive.

And I was currently reading a letter from YN.

"Dear Bran,

Please know that I want to see you, and that I didn't want to leave your side. I haven't heard if you've awoken yet, and I hope you have. But I'm leaving Kingslanding, I'm escaping this golden prison filled with lions. And I'm leaving for the Wall. Jon might be able to find a place to keep me, and I would be safe with him. I fear if I were to go home to you, then you could get hurt.

Bran, I have been arranged to marry Joffery. And I hate it. I don't love him. So I'm leaving, I hope that one day, it will be safe enough for me to come back to Winterfell. But until then, Goodbye Bran.

Sincerely, YN Black."

My fists clenched in anger learning of her arranged marriage to Joffery. But they lossened when I realised that she would be on the run from one of the most powerful army's in the seven kingdoms.

Even if she went to the wall to Jon. She wouldn't be safe. But she would be....if she were here with me.

I look over at the phone she had given when we had met. I reach over trying to reach it, and I pull it to me.

I sigh as I lean back against the bed frame. I turn it on, seeing the picture of YN holding her bow, taking aim. I had managed to get it without her noticing, but Arya saw it. She teased me about if for days, and almost told YN a few times.

I let a smile cross my face, before I turn off the phone and let it rest on my table again.

I look down at my bed and see Summer and Snow next to eachother, curled up together at the end of it.

Then I glance at my legs. My broken legs.

I sigh.

I'll never walk again.

- Your pov-

"Shit shit shit shit shit." I say to myself as I run through the forest.

I was pretty far away from Kingslanding. But no where was safe.

I had managed to get a horse and some food by selling some necklaces that Joffery had given me. To be honest they weren't that pretty anyways. They made my neck feel heavy.

I had gotten to the Twins yesterday, but I didn't dare try to pass it yet. It was the Fray' s who owned the Twins. And I don't know what the fee is that needed to be payed to pass. So, I'm waiting for some one who is going through the twins and see if I can hitch a ride. No matter how dangerous it may be.

Within a few hours of waiting, a small wagon filled with hay and a old man and his old wife came passing by.

"Hey! Wait!" I yell, as I step into the road in front of them.

They pull the reigns and make the horse stop.

"Good heavens boy. You nearly had yourself killed, if it weren't for my Fredrik to have stopped the horse from running you over. What do you want boy?" She asks.

I resist the urge to snap at her.

"I need help getting past the twins, and into the North. I was hoping you could help me." I say slowly, trying to make my voice deeper.

The man and wife look at eachother. Then the man narrows his eyes at me.

"And what business do you have North boy?" He asks.

I gulp. "My family is North, we were coming from Kingslanding to make a delivery. But on our way back, I got separated from them on my horse and lost my way in the woods. When I managed to get here, I realised they had left me behind. And I have no money to get past and into the North." I lie quickly.

The man nods and looks back at his wife. They mutter quietly to one another, before the wife turns to me.

"We will help you pass on one condition." The woman says.

My eyes widen and hope surges through me.

"Anything!" I say.

"We want your horse. Traveling with two horses are faster than one." The woman says.

I nod and smile. "Done. Thank you so much for helping me. You don't know how much this means to me.

The woman waves me off, and I go and get my horse from the tree I had tied it to. I click my tongue, leading it to the old couple.

"Here's the horse. I'm not sure how to put it onto the wagon though. " I say.

The old man gets down and takes the reigns from me. He starts doing whatever and the woman speaks to me.

"You can sit at the back, Lad." She says.

I nod and move around the wagon and sit on the back, on top of the hay.

The man finishes tying the horse to the wagon and we start heading into the Twins.

"Tell me, why are you dressed like a Lad, Lass?" The woman asks.

I turn to her with wide eyes. "How did you-"

"You have a girly face, and you didn't cut your hair short enough." She says.

I nod. "I'm running away from a marriage I don't want. It's not uniting any houses or giving me any benifets. And I don't love him."

The woman nods and hums. The man hums and looks at me from over my shoulder. "So you decided to run to the North. A smart decision." He says.

I smile lightly. "Thank you." I whisper.

"Where are you really heading?" The woman asks.

I shrug. "After I pass the Twins in going to go off on my own. I don't want a lot of people knowing who I am or where I'm going or where I've been. You can keep the horse." I say.

They look at me but the guards stop us before they could say anything. They pay the guard and we go into the North. I feel a small amount of tension being released inside of me. I feel slightly more safe now that I'm in the North.

I let a smile slip onto my face.

'I feel closer to home than I have been for a long time. The North is my second home.'

《Hope you liked this chapter. Here is a pic.

Later ya players

Later ya players.
-Astrid》