Need

~Time Skip~

-Jojen pov-

I've gotten closer to Bran, telling him of the meaning of his Green Dreams. How he has to go beyond the wall and go to the Three-eyed Raven.

But I had a vision.

I saw how I made it to where the Three-eyed Raven was, but I die. And I saw YN there.

She was crying and screaming. But she had to leave me behind. Meera had to drag her away, before she could come back and grab me.

But I understand that. After all I've known that for a while.

But the vision changed from the last I had saw of it.

She was pregnant. Heavily, most likely a month or two away from giving birth.

I had also seen her a few months after I had died. The baby, was a girl.

And I wouldn't be there to father it.

I sigh and look over at YN, who was happily chatting with Bran and Rickon.

"Are you alright Jojen?" Meera asks.

I turn to my right and see her looking up at me.

"I'm fine. Just. . . . thinking."

She nods and I turn back to YN. And find her looking at me. She smiles and I slightly smile back.

"Jo-"

"YN, can I talk to you?" I interrupt.

She nods and we slow down and walk behind everyone. Making sure to leave enough room for no one else to hear our conversation.

"What's wrong Jo?" She asks.

I shake my head. "Nothings wrong. I just. . . . I just think that maybe you coming along wasn't the greatest idea."

The moment I say that, I regret it.

"Wha-what?" She says, her voice soft and broken.

"No no, I didn't mean it like that."

"Well what did you mean it like?!" She shouts.

"YN please. I just ment that, . . . I don't want you to get hurt. If you did, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. And I can't protect you like Meera can, I can't even hold a sword up right. I just. . . I just want you to be safe." I say.

She grabs my arm and pulls me to a stop.

"Jojen, I love you. And I don't need you to protect me. Yes it's a kind gesture, but I don't expect you to do it. Jo, I would go to the ends of the world for you if you asked me to. Because you mean so much to me, and I am not going to just leave because you want me to be safe. I can take care of myself." She says.

I sigh and grab her cheeks softly. "I know. But I don't want you to get hurt, or even possibly get hurt. And I would never send you off to the ends of the world, because I don't think I could stand being away from you."

She smiles softly and grabs my hands.

"I guess there was no point to this conversation after all." She says as she giggles.

I smirk and shake my head.

"No, but it made me realise something."

She tilts her head to the left and raises her eyes brow as we start walking again.

"Oh ya, what's that?"

I look up at the sky, notice that it's getting darker.

"That I want you to be mine."