Shay Cormac X Reader

Betrayal never felt so good. It was not suppose to...but you found yourself enjoying every minute of it. That is until the deed was done then the overwhelming guilt and shame came as a low after the ecstasy, promises were made never to repeat what has been done...guess what...they were easily broken just as they were made.

Shay Cormac worked with your husband and like the others who worked with him they would at times come to your house to discuss their affairs in his study. Occasionally you would invite them to dine with you and your husband as guests. That was all it was suppose to be. They were colleagues and you were the Grandmaster's wife.

Haytham began to be busier with his work and grew distant after he found out that he had a son, a product of his love affair with one of the native woman months after he had arrived from Britain. However what angered you was not the fact that he had a son it was that he did not tell you as his wife about him, you had to find that out all on your own. How dare he to think you so shallow that you would reject his son just because he was half native. Bitter words were exchanged then he left, that is when Shay found you distraught and drunk. He had come to speak with Haytham but seeing your distressed self decided to help out of respect. He had tried to call one of the helpers only to find from you that you had kicked them out when they tried to take away the whisky you were drinking.

Sometime after that things took a drastic turn. You had so foolishly gone out at night alone for a stroll when suddenly you were attacked by two drunk men thankfully Shay was nearby and rescued you. He took you home were you begged him not to go because Haytham was not there and you were still quite shaken. You both talked and you could not help but be mesmerized by his Irish accent before you knew it you had kissed him. His eyes widened and upon realizing what you were doing, broke the kiss apologized profusely then turned to head up the stairs leaving him shocked.
Shay reasoned that you were not in your right mind when you kissed him and thought best to forget about it.

He had seen you twice after that "incident" you were with Haytham in those times and acted as normal as he could manage he even assured you once he was able to find you alone that he understood that you were not quite yourself...all was forgiven. So why could he not forget how soft your lips were on his even if the kiss lasted for an instant. In truth Shay had always found you attractive but you were Haytham's wife and he respected him as well as you. He shook his head trying to clear his mind, he was about to meet Charles Lee and he could not afford to be distracted the man could not stand him as it is no need to give him more reason.

After his meeting with Lee he was headed to his ship. As if on coincidence he saw you walking again alone he approached you, "Mrs Kenway do you have a death wish walking around at odd hours of the night in your lonesome", his Irish accent sounded making his presence known to you. Turning around you gave him a smile, "I should think not I'm only taking a stroll it's more peaceful at night besides you seem to be my guardian angel always coming to my rescue...or are you my stalker Mr Cormac".    "Not at all Mrs Kenway I just happened to pass by and thought to check on you. I would hate it if anything happened to you, it would kill Haytham".
Your smile faltered a bit at the mentioned of your husband but you tried to focus on the man besides you, "Very well then Mr Cormac to insure my safety you best walk me home", you teased. He chuckled, "Yes mam". The both of you walked to your house in a comfortable silence once you reached your door Shay thought it best not to venture any further saying his goodbyes he was about to walk away when you grabbed his arm to stop him, "Please Shay don't leave...stay...stay with me". A shiver went down his spine at your touch and he cursed himself for allowing such a reaction even if it was involuntary. Composing himself to look at you, ready to decline your request his words caught in his throat at the pleading look you were giving him. He quickly cleared it, "What about Grandmaster Kenway...", he said dryly.
"He's out of town", you whispered. In all the time you exchanged words you have not let go of his arm. A sense of sadness rose within you and you quickly looked down and let go of his arm. You took in a deep breath then looked back at him with a smile, "I'm sorry Mr Cormac I don't know what has gotten into me. I hope you arrive safely to your ship", with that you opened the door and got in not waiting for him to reply.

He tried he really did try he was almost out the gate...almost....
He turned back around walked towards the door he had been previously standing at. 'What are you doing Shay?!', his mind screamed at him to stop but his legs refused to listen to him his arm moved and he knocked on the door. The door opened and there you were about to ask him what was wrong you did not get the chance as his lips were on yours. The voice in his mind grew distant as you wrapped your arms around his neck tangling your fingers in his hair kissing him back with as much passion as he was giving you. You don't know how it happened but you found yourselves in one of the rooms in your house and as the layers of clothing hit the floor the voice of reason became quiet. You did not once think of your husband your focus was solely on the man whose name passed through your lips breathlessly. Even Shay was too far gone lost in paradise, a taste of treasure which was not his own but ohhh!! how sweet it was...to have you marking him and the melody spilling from you drove him to the edge.

When all was done and reason came crushing back promises were made never again but all promises are meant to be broken or were those rules....
" You will be the death of me (y/n)", Shay said his Irish tone laced with lust as he dove in for the fourth time to taste another man's treasure.

------------------------------------------------------
I hope you all like it and I also hope I didn't offend any Shay fans I just had this idea and I hope I presented it as best as I could without dragging it or sounding corny. 😅