Connor Kenway X Reader

You held up the skirt of your dress so as to not trip on it, holding your breath as the heels of your bare feet never touching the wooded floors. You moved about like a thief in the night reaching your first destination. The coolness of the silver handle was in contrast to your warm hand. Without a moments hesitation you turned the handle as quietly as possible, cringing when door creaked. You waited heart thumping in your ears proving difficult to hear any sound of footsteps. Deciding you had waited long enough you opened the door wider without any other sound. The cold air immediately rushed in causing goosebumps to appear on your exposed skin. You took a shaky breath. One foot crossed the threshold followed by the other and kept on moving forward picking up the pace and soon you were running never once looking back. You kept on running past houses increasing your pace as best as you could in a dress. The houses disappeared replaced by trees still you kept running even when the skies began crying you did not stop. In fact it felt like they were cleansing you, washing away all the pain and suffering you had endured at the hands of the devil himself in human form. Your lungs pleaded for air and your legs burned but still you refused to stop, feeling as though you were not far away enough. So you kept at it the muddy ground making it difficult. You almost slipped but caught yourself, at this you slowed down taking to walking instead. You had no idea where you were or where you were headed. You did not think that far, it did not matter to you so long as you were far away as possible from that house. When your body began shaking and your teeth cluttered is when you realized you were soaked to the bone. You did not feel the chilly rain because of the warmth that had engulfed you while you were running. Still you kept walking on the muddy path in the woods at night praying to God to protect you from the wild animals and hopefully to find a place where you would be safe and happy, a place where 'he' would never find you. As dawn approached the rain stopped and the clouds dispensed to welcome the morning sky. The sun rose coating the early morning sky with orange hues, you would have admired the sight if it went for your exhaustion. Through your half lidded eyes you saw some kind of homestead not to far away. That gave you a little boost of energy and hope that you would soon be out of the woods. You had walked all night through the path in the woods, the rain provided security from the wild animals. They had all stayed in their respective shelters away from the rain. But you knew it would not stay that way. Despite your body's protest to lay down you kept moving one foot in front of the other not wanting to end up being breakfast.

Connor came out of the house to tend to the horses. Before he could take another step towards the stable he spotted a figure in the distance. They were walking so slowly that he wondered if they were injured, so he jogged towards them hoping to help in any way he could. As Connor came closer the figure became clear. A woman wearing a dress which was stuck to her form, muddy from the calf down and she was shaking like a leaf, the poor thing looked like she would collapse at any moment. His eyes widen at what he saw prompting him to run faster. As soon as he reached her she fell but Conner caught her. His brows furrowed at how cold her skin felt, she was drenched and her skin was pale. He peaked her up bridal style and ran to the homestead. He kicked the door down earning a scolding from Achilles. Connor hurried to the living room placing the frail figure of the woman on the sofa then lighting the fire place to hopefully warm her. "Connor you cannot...oh dear", Achilles limped to the living room stopping short when he saw the woman. "What happened to her", he asked moving to her side and laying the back of his hand on her forehead. "I do not know. I think she must have walked through the rain", Connor answered. Achilles withdrew his hand, "Quickly go and call Dr White", Connor nodded and walked out the house.

You slowly opened your eyes blinking a few times before your vision became clear. You were in a soft bed, your heartbeat began to rise as you thought you were back in 'that house' so you quickly set up. Immediately regretting it when you felt how stiff your muscles and bones were. You held back a moan as you examined your surroundings, finding yourself in an unfamiliar room. It only had the bed and a fire place which still had a small crackling fire. The was a window to your left, the curtains were drawn but you could tell that it was morning at the very least. You took a look at yourself and found that you were no longer wearing your dress but an oversized linen undershirt. You wondered who changed your clothes when the door creaked opened. In came a bulky form of a man who wore white and blue robes with various weapons on his person and a hood that concealed his face from you. You panicked but tried to not let it show. "You are awake", he said as he approached you stopping at the foot of the bed. You just looked at him not saying a word unconsciously clenching the blanket. He cleared his throat removing his hood with his face now revealed it gave you a little sense of relief. His dark skin told you that he was one of the natives- "How are you feeling", he asked interrupting your thoughts. "I'm...", you coughed trying to clear the dryness of your throat. The man quickly moved to the bedside table to your right pouring water in a cup and handing it to you. You graciously took the cup and drank, relishing the cold liquid. Once done you gave him back the cup, "Should I pour more water", he asked to which you shook your head. He set the cup down before backing a little ways from you to keep a comfortable distance. "Thank you. I feel a bit stiff but okay", you answered his question. He nodded. "I'm Connor", he introduced himself.
"I'm (Y/n). Could you tell me where I am, I do not remember how I even got here".

"You are at the Davenport homestead. You were quite ill after walking in the rain four nights ago", Connor began to explain when you gasped in utter surprise.
"I have been asleep for that long"

"Yes. You were drenched and pale. I'm the one who brought you here because you had collapse, you also had a fever but Dr White was thankful that he got to you on time"

You looked down biting your bottom lip to suppress a sob, "Thank you Connor for your help", you whispered. Connor looked at you, your skin had return to its color than when you had first arrive. "If you do not mind me asking, what were you doing walking in the rain at night", Connor cautiously asked. You looked around the room to Connor then at you hands which were laid on top of your covered lap.
"I ran away...it was my only chance..my husband...", you sniffed tears streaming down your eyes, "He...he is a cruel man...I had to get away from him", you cried in front of this stranger having had enough of trying to hide your emotions. Connor had no idea how to comfort you though he did feel sympathy towards you. Having seen how some of these men treat women. You wiped your tears looking up at Connor with a small smile, "Thank you for your help but I should get going. I do not want to cause you any trouble should my husband find me here".
Connor's eyes shot open as he stared at the woman, "Where would you go".

"I do not know all I know is that I have to get as far away from him as possible".

"Then please stay here until you have completely recovered. I am certain that your husband would not find you here. No one ventures this far besides those who seek refuge, should you wish you could stay but I would not stop you if you decide to go".

"Thank you Connor", you said as you laid back down in the bed pulling the blanket up to your shoulder and feeling safe for the first time in years.Connor walked out, closing the door behind him.