Desmond Miles X Reader

You got back early from work and walked into your apartment. After closing the door you walked to the kitchen passing by the living room, dropping your purse and coat on the couch. When you reached the kitchen you went to the fridge and took out some veges you were about to prepare then opened the stove to start cooking. Upstairs you could hear the shower running, you chopped up the veges before putting them in the pot and placing it on the stove. Two hands wrapped around your waist, "Hi gorgeous you're back earlier than usual", Desmond your boyfriend said his voice sending chills down your spine. He laid his head on the crook of your neck, his breath causing goosebumps to appear on your skin. You leaned to him, "Hey handsome, I just wanted us to have dinner before you went to work", you replied sighing contently enjoying his touch and warmth. He hummed placing a few kisses on your neck before his hands left your waist, "Alright then let me go get dressed", he backed up going back to your shared bedroom, you turned around in time to catch a glimpse of him in nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. 
When the food was ready you dished up and ate dinner with Desmond, after dinner he gave you a kiss then left for work. Desmond worked as a bartender at a nightclub and you worked as a bank teller. He worked nights, you worked during the day but you made your relationship work. When you knocked off early from work you always rushed home to spent some time with him before he had to go to work. You both met at the club he worked at when you had gone out to party and enjoy yourself. The same would happened in the morning he would rush to get home before you went to work.

This morning however as you were sat eating breakfast, you kept glancing at the door thinking that Desmond would walk in any minute now, he probably got delayed at work or something. When you were done eating you got up walked to the sink to wash your bowl absentmindedly, wondering what was keeping him. You left the bowl on the counter, walked to the table where you were just eating your breakfast, where your purse was and took out your phone.
'Maybe he left me a message'
You looked at your phone but there was no text or missed call from him which was odd because he normally called or texted you if he was not going to be home in time to see you off to work. Looking at the time you saw that if you waited any longer you would be late for work. You decided to call him it went straight to voicemail, 'Maybe his battery died'. You called him again and left a message;
"Hey babe I'd be gone to work already when you get here so I'll see you tonight, love you"
With that you grabbed your purse and coat then walked out the door locking it behind you and heading for work.

Soon the time came for you to go home and honestly it could not have come fast enough in your opinion. You hurried back to hopefully see Desmond before he went to work. All day you had this uneasy feeling in your gut but you tried to push it aside, you had checked your phone during your lunch and still there was nothing from Desmond. You called him again and got the same result as this morning. You reached your apartment finding the door locked, your heart sank just a bit. 'He already left'
You unlocked the door with your keys stepping into your dark apartment. You closed the door and walked upstairs to your bedroom. When you reached it you switched on the light tossed your purse and coat on the bed before stepping out of your heels. The uneasy feeling in your gut returned, so you walked to the bed and grabbed your phone from your purse. The screen lit up, you pressed the phone icon scrolling down to Desmond's name and hitting the dial button. It went to voicemail again, you bit your lower lip looking around the bedroom and everything was the way you had left it in the morning. Another odd thing because Desmond never made the bed when he slept in it and he always left his clothes laying on the floor which pissed you off. But the room was clean no clothes on the floor and the bed was made. You felt your heart racing as this uneasy feeling grew. With shaky hands you dialed the number of where Desmond works. It rang four times before someone picked up;
"Hello"

"H-hi sorry to interrupt but can I speak to one of your employees Desmond, Desmond Miles"

"Eh Desmond let me check"

There was a small pause, "Huh that kid didn't turn up for work last night and didn't even bother to call"

"Is he there now"

"Listen here sweet cheeks I don't know what game y'all are playing but tell him when you see him not to bother coming back"

With that the line went dead. You stared at your phone dumbfounded. You decided to change your work clothes for something comfortable, you walked to the closet opening it your jaw dropped, you blinked repeatedly not believing what you were seeing. You turned and ran downstairs to the kitchen switching on the light you saw a note attached to the fridge, you grabbed the note and read it. Your vision began to blur as tears welled up in your eyes. You went back to your bedroom with the note in your hands walking pass the bed and into the bathroom looking through the cabinet and the vanity unit, you walked back to the bedroom and stood in front of the closet. By now the tears had rolled down your cheeks and your hands were visible shaking, the note still in your left hand.

Desmond left he took all his things, all his clothes were gone, his toothbrush, his cologne everything...just gone. He only left you a note saying goodbye.