Edward Kenway X Reader

This has been in my drafts for the longest of time, finally decided to post it 😅.....
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Continuation from Bayek and Connor. Inspired by @user36811464 😘 

-----------------------------------------

For the long weekend you and your friends decided to go swimming at the beach. It was only an hour drive and you really needed to do something fun. Between school and what happened at the museum not to mention the whole skydiving thing, you felt like your mind was going into overdrive. Getting out of the car you all ran anxious to get to the water and just let loose. It seemed you were not the only one who needed a pick me up from nature. Your group went to the more secluded part not wanting to be disturbed............yeeeeeah nah!!!.......is was more like go where you could do stunts cause with your group there was no way you could do something and not ending up being a bit extreme. So it was no surprise when one of them proposed a dive challenge. Standing on the rock on the reefs though you had chosen a place where there are not any of them so you could dive and not get hurt, one of your friends jumped doing a double flip in midair before diving head first in the water. You all cheered as they surfaced, "Anyone one of you think you can top that", they said from the water with a huge grin. Another one of your friends followed with a canon ball then another also with a double midair flip. "Come on who's next", they taunted. You decided to come next. You jumped and managed to flip once before you went diving into the water. Coming up for air they cheered and the rest who where left followed. You all swam for a while. You then got an idea and went diving under the water so you could swim to one of your friends and scare them.

When suddenly a current dragged you deeper. You tried to fight it by forcefully kicking your legs so you could surface but it was too strong, it kept on dragging you under to the point where you could not see the surface of the water anymore. Your lungs began to burn because of the lack of oxygen. Just when you thought that you would drown the current let up and with the little bit of strength you had left you swam up and finally broke to the surface taking in a deep breath of air. You coughed your whole body shaking, the water felt cold than it was a moment ago. Looking around your eyes widen at the sight. There in front of you were two huge ships. There seemed to be a battle raging on, the air was smokey, the other ship had caught fire in some places and there was a lot of clinking sounds. It was like you had been sucked into the Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Just thinking that unsettled you even more, you really, really did not want to be captured by pirates or the marines, it would not end well for you either way...you were so screwed. You tried swimming away from the chaos but your shivering form made it difficult. Whichever direction you faced besides the two ships was an endless ocean. Just like when you fell in Bayek's time only it was the sand. By now the fighting had ceased. You realized that you had not swamped far when one of the sailors on board pointed to you. There was no where to run to. A rope was thrown over board they must have thought that perhaps you were one of them 'or maybe from the other ship and they only want to make sure that you were really dead'. You had two choices grab the rope or freeze to death so you grabbed the rope and they pulled you in. Landing on the floorboards a gasp was heard,"Tiss a lass cap'in", one of them said. You heard the sound of boots thumping on the wooden floorboards getting closer to your shivering form. As they came closer you looked up at the figure, only for your view of the figure to be shadowed blocked by the sun behind them. You squinted your eyes to try and see them clearly but suddenly it was dark and quiet.

"Where did everybody go", you searched the darkness walking around but not seeing any end to it. You began running hoping to find some form of light to escape the darkness but there was none. Your heart started to beat faster as panic set in, breaths shallow,  "Hello! Anybody!".
"Lass", you stopped when you heard the voice looking around but not seeing anything, breaths still shallow and heart beating rapidly now.
"Lass!", you crouched down holding your head.
"Lass come on", the voice repeated again sounding all around you. You let out a scream only to bolt up on the bed covered in sweat breathing heavily. Your eyes searched frantically around trying to make sense of what you where seeing. You saw a window then a desk with various things on top then a door, you were on a bed and the was a man seating next to you, you were in some kind of room that was swaying sligh....wait....the was a man seating next to you.
"Lass calm down ye' going to pass out again if you keep breathing so hard", the man said holding his hands up to show he was no threat. You must have looked like a deer caught in headlights. You tried to calm your breathing your mind having a hard time following what was happening or even how you got here.
"That's right deep breaths in and exhale slowly", you did as the man said finally calming down...well sorta anyway at least you were not outright panicking now. "Good. What tis' your name", the man asked.
"(Y/n)", you answered swallowing dryly. He nodded, "(Y/n), I'm Edward, Edward Kenway". You only stared at him. He cleared his throat looking away from you momentary then returning his gaze to you, "Do you remember anything?", he asked again. Your brows furrowed trying to make sense of what was happening to you. You shook your head, "No".

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N: I know I have not published anything in a long while. But I would like to thank all the readers for the continued support, I truly appreciate it ❤️❤️❤️. I promise to continue to write and reach the target I have set for this book....thank you all for bearing with me 😅.