Jacob Frye X Reader

He held her close as the world tumbled around him. She had stopped shaking a while ago as she slept. He kissed the top of her heard over and over as he murmured how much he loved her.

After successfully taking down another Blighter stronghold Jacob and the Rooks went out for a celebratory drink. Evie had joined in on the celebration but had left just after her third drink wanting to avoid the chaos that was sure to erupt once the Rooks got drunk along with their leader. There was lots of singing, dancing, cheering and of cause drinking, lots of drinking. It was no surprise when Jacob was seen at the bar tankard in hand as he won yet again another drinking contest against one of his Rooks.
"Alright lads whose next", cheered Jacob looking for his next opponent. "Does it mean only lads get to take up your challenge", shouted a feminine voice just at the back of the crowd that had surrounded the bar in hopes of getting a better view on who participated and won the drinking challenge. "Who said that", Jacob asked narrowing his gaze at the crowd to find the owner of the voice. Those who were closest to the owner of said voice parted so they could move forward. Jacob's lips parted slightly upon seeing the owner, brows raised in awe and drunken confusion. Coming to a stop right in front of him was the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. She wore black tight fitted trousers that hugged her hips perfectly, a white shirt with three of the top buttons left open, a black corset was on top of the shirt that went just under her breast, she also wore a tie which lay loosely around her neck cascading down her shirt over the corset stopping just below her waist, 'interesting', and a black jacket. Her (h/c) hair was in a side braid going over her right shoulder. "If a challenge is what you want love then I shall oblige", Jacob said with a cheeky grin. The crowd cheered and the woman smirked as the bartender placed two tankards of ale.

Jacob found out the hard way just how high your tolerance for alcohol was. It had ended in a draw, both of you pissed drunk. You had both tried a couple of times but it always ended in a draw and a head splitting hangover the next morning. You had pecked Jacob's interest from the moment he saw you and your choice of attire. He had practically begged you to joined the Rooks when he saw you single handedly fight a group of Blighters who had thought you were easy prey. He could not help but fall for you, you were smart, beautiful, stubborn, sarcastic and strong. When he learned that you felt the same way he felt like he was going to burst with joy, he could not believe it but you had said it. He had quickly learned that when it came to you, you did things your own way and moved with your own pace.
At the moment you were both sat on top of the roof of some random building gazing at the stars. More so you than Jacob he was looking at you. You turned to him, "What is there something on my face", you asked grinning at him. He chuckled, "As a matter of fact there is", he replied leaning towards you but you stopped him placing your hands on his chest, "No, no Mr Frye. You have to woo a girl first before you could kiss her or in my case catch me", as soon as those last words left your lips you sprung to your feet and ran giggling. "Oi! Come back here", Jacob shouted running after you. You kept running increasing your pace knowing it will only be a matter of time before he caught you. You had run towards your place maneuvering around alleyways in hopes of losing Jacob. Just when your building came to view a squeak emitted from you as your feet left the ground and you were tossed over someone's shoulder.
"I got you now love", you heard Jacob say causing you to giggle as he walked with you to your place, "And for all than running you just made me do, I think I deserve more than just a kiss from you love", this caused you to blush.

You snuggled closer to Jacob, head on his chest his arms wrapped around your waist legs tangled together. His right hand drew circles on your hip as he sighed. "I wish we could just stay in here like this forever", Jacob started breaking the silence. You hummed liking that idea but knew it was just a pipe dream. "I know I would love that more than anything but we have a job to do", he groaned, you chuckled placing a kiss on his neck. "Five more minutes", he murmured. Giggling, "You sound more like a child", he scrunched up his nose making you smile, "I guess five minutes would not hurt".

A broken down house had caught fire and there happened to be children in it. Lucky you and Jacob were close by you both quickly ran to the house. Jacob ran in to get the children the structure becoming unstable he came back with six of them, two which he carried who were younger than the four he ushered outside in front of him. You went to help him whilst he ran back to look for anymore who might have still been trapped. "Be careful Jacob", you shouted over the fire that was quickly becoming unbearable hot, just then you heard a little girl cry out only for her cries to be cut off by a cough coming from her. Getting up you look to the house to try and figure out which direction her cries were coming from. As soon as you heard where they were coming from you went sprinting towards one of the widows breaking the remainder of the already broken glass out of the way so you could be able to reach her. You tried to work as fast as you can the heat making it difficult you had started coughing also you leaned in your hands extended to the little girl who wabbled toward you and trying to avoid some of the things that were already on fire. 'Come on, come on, come on, this house won't hold on much longer' just then she reached you and you pulled her out with every once of strength you had left. Jacob had made it out in a nick of time with two more boys just as the house gave way. Coughing himself he got up and looked for you in the haze and dust that filled the air. "(Y/n), (Y/n) where are you", Jacob shouted getting on his feet and searching for you frantically. Just then he heard a cough a few feet from him and heard one of the children calling out for the little girl who stirred standing up on wobble legs nearly falling again as one of the children Jacob had saved earlier caught her. Next to the girl there you were Jacob had already knelt in front of you. You had fallen on your stomach so Jacob slowly turned you around. He gasped at what he saw there was a shard of glass that had embedded itself under your right breast. A red stain was on your shirt and corset. "(Y/n) hold on I'll get you to a doctor", you tried to breath but it only came out as a wheeze. Jacob knew then that the glass must have punctured your lung. His face concocted in pain, "You will pull through this love. I just have....hate to get you-", he tried to lift you but stopped when your face twisted in agony. Blood filled in your throat causing you to gurgle and panic set in for Jacob. Your body started to shake involuntarily you were in so much pain but what pained you more was the tears falling down Jacobs eyes and the pained expression he wore. You could not comfort him, you wanted to do badly. You knew that there was nothing anyone could do, you just wish you could take away his pain. His mouth moved but you could not hear what he was saying as you slowly drifted from the living, tears has run down the sides of your head. The shaking seized and the pain melted away as darkness welcomed you.