1 - the room

The room was dark and quiet, darks stains covered the wallpaper. My hands were freezing and all I had was my little grey cardigan. I tried to stand but I felt so shaky that I decided not to try walking, instead sitting on the cold cement floor, huddled in the corner and waiting for him to return. He was tall, taller than most and had the smile of an angel. Matter of fact, everything about his appearance screamed “boy next door” and he acted like complete gentleman in public. But then he took me back to his house; more like forcefully dragged me, smiling sweetly when I told him to stop. His easygoing demeanor melted into something dark, his eyes clouding over. I don’t remember what happened much after that, the throbbing pain in the back of my head making my memories blur.

“Hello, Princess.” My head snapped up at the sound of the sickeningly sweet voice coming from the doorway, I had been too wrapped up in my thoughts to notice. He had a smile stretching across his features that made me want to cry, as he stalked towards me and you flinched away.

“I’m not going to hurt you.” He said, softly crouching to down to rest a hand on my knee, rubbing his thumb in soothing circles. I could smell the peppermint gum on his breath and I felt sick just at the thought of it, knowing this was a form of temptation.

“You don’t have to be scared of me, I love you.” He said, moving his hand to grip my chin and tilt my head up to look at him. I felt tears gather in my eyes as I swallowed thickly.

“Why did you bring me here?” I asked, surprisingly keeping my voice steady as he kept up his innocent act. He didn’t love me, he followed me down that alley and cornered me, talking about how he’d been watching me for months and loved me. He said he loved me so much and was going to keep me safe from all the bad people.

“Because I want to be with you forever. You love me too, don’t you? Tell me you love me, please?” He begged, eyes wide and puppy like and I tried to hold back sobs, not wanting to think about what he would do to me if I didn’t say I loved him. He seemed desperate for me to love him, or maybe just to feel loved.

“I-I love you.” I gasped out, and he smiled widely, his bloodshot eyes now wide and excited.

“Will you stay with me? All the others screamed and cried for me to let them go, but they weren’t like you. You’re perfect, you wont leave me.” He rambled, moving to kiss my freezing cold fingers softly.

“Will you?! Will you stay with me?!” He screamed at me, standing up and walking around the room, tearing his hands through his hair.

“Yes! I’ll stay with you, I’ll stay.” I stammered back, and tried to stand, leaning on the wall for support. Trying to walk to him. He looked at me with bleary eyes, tear marks on his cheeks and he looked so broken, so desperate. He hair was in a mess now, not the quiff he had before. I now saw from the dim light from under the door that his cheekbones were sharp and made his features pale and alien like. His bright eyes sunken in and his lips a were chapped, as he had a habit of tearing them apart with his teeth.

“Good.” He replied, the same smile spreading across his features that made a shiver run through my body.